[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Forum quality decreasing
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:49 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1
First of all Macker, sorry to see your leaving... You've contributed a fair bit to these forums while i've been about - its a shame to see this!

Personally, I dont have any problem with the way the forums are, but i can see where some people are coming from when they say the off-topic stuff is getting out of hand.

What i think this forums does well is welcome any new members when they post... they all get a good welcome & loads of hello's. I think this is great & if people are reading as a visitor, this could well prompt people to sign up, post & maybe go to some meets.

On the other hand, there is a fair bit of off-topic posting in threads where there is no need... yes its good to have a bit of banter, but this isnt good for helping with the problem/question/etc. People could well be put off answering & helping, due to the off-topic posting. Also the person who created the thread may be put off posting in the future.

Fair enough have some banter on threads, but keep it within reason... theres too many times where someone will make a half funny off-topic comment (which is fine), but then it gets jumped on & 10 posts later the thread is nothing to do with what it started out as.

I don't think the forums should become stricter in terms of what they're used for, but that members should have more consideration when posting. Maybe the mods should look to setting up some rules about off-topic posting...? Even writing the now while looking back on old posts, its made me realise how often i see Gen Wars postings. Yes its funny to have a laugh about other people & other cars, but there is a place for that... not in other peoples threads.

These are just my thoughts... and i do LOVE this site (thanks Xorro), just think members should maybe read this and all the other comments above and have a think about what they post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:27 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:30 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:33 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:38 pm 
fair enough on that point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:45 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:05 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:36 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:43 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:28 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:18 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:48 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

to be honest with you i am a relative newby and dont really no anyone from the forum but it was the jokes and stuff that actually got me to join the site! yeah i may not understand all the jokes and things but you feel welcom and you dnt feel ashamed to ask questions like on other forums cos on here yeah you will get abit of banter but if you ask a question you get the answer if sum1 knows it however meaningless or stupid it is! if this forum wasnt as relaxed etc i for 1 wouldnt have joined! and manyother i believe would feel the same i have been on a couple of forums in the past and in my opinion this is the best as the others dont get half as many ppl posting as like me they were scared to ask questions due to a constant onslaught if you didnt know about the car etc like the mkivsupra forum that a friend of mine is on if ur under 25 half of them wont even tlk to you!! so while i understand that the banter has to be cut down dont cut it out all together or we will just become yet another forum that ppl join findout what they need then never come on again!!

i apologise for going on and on but thats my opinion and i hope others agree!

m-davey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:51 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

yeh i agree i don't post all that often only when i think i can help or to give praise or something similar. Some of the banter sometimes does appear to be for the benefit of a few members not all the readers but i still read and keep coming back so!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:53 pm 
what'd you think Xorro? You got a lot of responses to read there lol :b

Last edited by Hig on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:54 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
personally i dont find newtiburon all that welcoming.there is alot of info on there.........but alot of the guys on hyundai house of power have been chucked off newtib for the most minor infringement possible,but i find em all really helpful and nice which is just what attracted me here.new tib is very stale to me and much too functional.it is a classic stale site and its losing members by the bucketload.........i dont think xorro would ever want that sort of stale-that does lose members rapidly.i think we have the edge over all other hyundai sites in terms of welcome and join in tactics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i agree entirely dupleman and as i stated above the fact that this isnt just a formum about fact it the best bit cos you get peoples opinons and different ways of doing things if you want to do everything by the book all the tym just buy a manual! the reason i come on this forum is i have fun while i learn about my car and what can be done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:58 pm 
someones changed their tune :b (meant for duple)

Last edited by Hig on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:59 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

who me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:59 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:26 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:29 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:36 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Last edited by thedupleman on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:37 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:38 pm 

Last edited by Hig on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:38 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:25 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:32 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:12 am 

i dont want to be a complete arse but this thread has just highlighted how a thread which was after serious answers and opinions only, has ended up going OFF-TOPIC.

this is why people have brought up the complaints in the first place... fair enough join in with the thread, but this thread is here for a reason & having a laugh with each other wasnt it - plenty other ones to do that in.

not having a go there, but it does seriously highlight some members frustrations. if any thread should have been kept serious it should have been this one.

sorry for the outburst... i shall be seated! :b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:14 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

xorro your view on peoples points please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:37 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

prime example in this thread to be honnest people are going over the same thing over and over.

:bang

i have to put my 2 pence in after reading all of this,
a few of us have discussed this tonight, and im not going to post a load of Do's and dont's and this person said this this person said that and once some one brough up that blah blahs car was actually a different shade of blue than what he has written in his signature

- Since ive been here ive seen no hostility towards anyone, that was meant to offend anyone.

- i have a joke with others and take what i give out with due appreciation,

- im tryign to get some of the northern seen active so we can all enjoy our coupes /cars /events TOGETHER with the rest of the regions

now this is my opinion im not saying this is the answer. and im sorry if its already been said but i think a few things need clearing up into a shorter somewhat readable post.

What i think needs to happen;

- The Addition of a couple of replacement or extra moderators to fill the boots who are no longer that active or have moved on, or even need a break from moderating.

- A forum clean up; going through posts removing pointless posts merging posts under one topic so that we can get some clarity on the search option.

- The removal of the wibble and the "fun" forums from the search criteria

- A rule which needs to be put in place and communicated on the forum news banner perhaps stating something simalar to as follows;

"Posts that are not relevant to the topic or section are subjectable to be removed by the moderation team"

- Moderators to clampdown and enforce the rule above, in a nice way ^.^

- A reply to this thread and it locked which will be the be all and end all to settle peoples rather large god attitudes down

My main point is that we need to stop thinking and banging on about whats happends and focus on how we are going to go forward, The moderators will take care of the "crap" thats found its way on here.

Thanks for reading

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:13 pm 

Miller69 says,"prime example in this thread to be honest people are going over the same thing over and over. "
I don't see it as, going over and over, they're offering their opinion on a subject which may or may not coincide with that of others.
I think the "Going over the same thing over and over" as raised in this post refers to separate posts not separate comments on the same subject, such as the many MPG posts that appear. but as I said before, newbies and strangers may not know how forums work and not seeing anything related to their question in front of them go on to ask it again......and again. They soon learn as I did and as I'm sure you and other members did when you joined your first forum.
I would also say that I have witnessed some animosity on the forum some time ago and this was sorted by the moderators. It wasn't pleasant but was stopped, closed and subsequently removed, so this answers your query about the closing and removal of posts, it already happens. Whether it is more rigid in future seems to be the question being discussed here.
I'm not having a dig, I'm just pointing out what I've witnessed in the past that seems to coincide with the points you raised. Points, whether repeated or not, which are as valid as mine and all the other members.
I agree, this post did veer off topic with banter for a while just to prove a point, but it was short and sweet and went back on topic pretty quickly and , in my opinion, without detracting too much from the topic.
Uncle Buck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:08 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

agreed uncle buc i only offer an opinion and was aiming at some short clarifications

and yes topic veers do happen and it will always be the case but there is a limit, with all posts there are certain people who are now just posting for the sake of posting, comments that really dont need to be there in other topics, and thats the only thing that im concered about, some posts which are of no help at all or completely wrong because the user "needed" to comment or post

apart from that i love you all ^.^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:42 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject: !!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:34 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:52 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:03 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:04 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:11 pm 
lol, thats why I put it on here, best read up, got no reply by PM, love the little move of copy and pasting what I put though, very impressed, put names in your digs in future though mate, looks better than being the smart arse.

I wouldn't put people at risk at all, I never say that I definately now anything mate, best start reading a bit more carefully, and also, when I am wrong after trying to help, I apologise, but none of my advice has been dangerous, so I think you should do what you told me to do. However, this will be seen as off topic, thats why I tried the PM, but ahh well, (everyone can winge now btw.)[/quote]

Last edited by Hig on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:16 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Ok we have enogh views on this ... time to close the thread before it gets out of hand , thanks to everybodys input ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:22 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Sorry Macker, just re-opening this to add my last bit.

Guys... the point of this post is just to make people think a little more about what they are posting. I have never ran this place with the idea of rigid rules, because I didn't want it to be as strict as a lot of car forums.

Yes the banter is nice, it ads to the friendly-ness of the site - but... just sometimes the banter takes over the true topic of a post.

I keep saying this, but no one seems to understand ;)

For those that are new, I started the forums because of the love of my Coupe, so that like minded individuals could get together and talk about the Coupe.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2