[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - This Forum
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:52 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: This Forum
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:51 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Coupe: Other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:17 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

I never read the halfords post so don't know what the fuss was about, but what I was concerned about was the tone taken by a few members which I felt detracted from the normal good humor seen here.
I'm glad you've taken the matter in hand and will welcome any future rule changes to prevent a repeat of this situation, as long as you don't go to far in respect of reducing the witty comments often found in posts. I like a laugh, to be honest I don't have much to laugh about and reading and responding to posts, humorous remarks and all, is often a real tonic for me.
I agree, this sometimes goes a little to far and takes over the topic but not so often that stringent rules are required, just a reminder now and then when you or other mods think it's getting out of hand.
Of greater concern was the fact that as the owner of the site, you might have washed your hands
of the whole thing to avoid hassle and confrontation from some members especialy as your more in love with your MPS than coupes at present. So thanks for continuing to run the site and the forums for those of us who don't hold extreme or controversial views and just want a bit of banter about the idiosyncrasies, fixes and mods to our coupes.
Keep up the excellent work.
Uncle Buck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:22 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Buck, the MPS is the third car I have owned since I sold the Coupe in 2005. I'm not sure why you thought me having a Mazda was going to change things?

I continue to run the site because I still love Coupes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:36 pm 

Post subject: Re: This Forum
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:53 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:40 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:37 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

feel i need to post something.

thanks xorro for choosing me as a mod - and thanks for the comments praising my work and doing what you asked of me. Shame others wanted to make this more like a play-area than the information-resource you've described it as.

so why has the mod tag gone - well i suggested to remove it if it's all too complicated due to a number of complaints she received about me - comments that I've removed posts i shouldn't, and when i try to justify it i get insults stating I'm a "tyrant" and rude to ppl.

i admit i dont come all over sunshine and rainbows all the time, possibly too busy considering the 2 hospital visits i had to make in the last month alone (I've never wanted to explain personal info on here for the world to see, but honestly feel it's valid now to show that ppl have lives outside of these forums. So, sorry if my personal life makes me less than happy all the time, so be it. in a round-about way it's 1 of the reasons i got the coupe, and love it - felt that it's worth living life and enjoying myself instead of sitting in the boredom of my old 206). I've loved this forum and the ppl - if only as a way to keep myself busy and not just sit here feeling sorry for myself - have a love of cars and really enjoy researching ppl's questions and hoping to assist in any way i can.

but, honestly, how can i stay a regular member? in the last 24 hours I've had a number of near abusive pm's, complaining of my actions and suggesting I've singled ppl out and stunted their fun of being able to joke at each other in topics. As explained - i felt i was only doing as asked of me, as a mod - to keep this as informative place as possible and direct the more jovial posts to the wibble section. So, how am i meant to feel welcome here now? honestly feel that 1 person has got the hump for some reason (i've asked for proof of my actions towards them, but they've failed to provide any - so feel something's been taked out of context and blown up) and they've pm'd their mates to mass-complain to xorro about me. gf read my pm's and remarked it was akin to school-ground bullying - due to ppl taking this to a personal nature, I'm horrified at the pm's and ppl's attitudes. Is it just 'cos I dont participate in the off-topic jokes/banter that I'm deamed not one of the "cool gang" and as soon as one of them is upset they all have to ralley together to mass-complain. Good to see that mob-justice has prevailed...

I've met the majority of the regulars at meets and got on well with everyone - which is why I'm utterly shocked/horrified and what's felt like a witch-hunt. lol, some 1 ouside all this pm'd asking if i would be at the brum meet - how on earth am i meant to feel welcome now?!? with the jouvanile nature of this how can i not expect a key to be dragged down my car - possibly for not greeting certain ppl with 3 smilies and a wink.

so, erm... thanks for the support of the fellow mods for standing up and condoning my actions, at least xorro did - shame no1 else felt the same way. I even posted in the mod section asking whether what i've done is ok by them - and despite it being viewed by others, no1 had the maturity to post and explain specific instances where I've gone astray.

I've spent all day doing my normal weekend thing and any spare moment wanted to log on here (as i normally would) to try to assist ppl to the best of my abilities and do my job of a mod. I feel/felt this place as a home, so know i'll still be about - but there's no way i can return to my previous levels of assistance.

oh, I was complained at for not being "light hearted" and should use more smileys (i sh*t you not), so how should i end? 2 or 5 smilies? the fingers or the head-bang? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:13 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

just to justify myself as more than a few of them coments were directed at me (dnt deny it), i was up till 3 am last night xchanging pm's with ddr tryingn to sort this mess out, yes i did give him my opinion and he gave he's, i askd you to meet in the middle and try to be little more subttle in ur aproach and u agreed that you do come across abit blunt at times, i said we should draw a line under this whole thing yet u insist on givig ur jibes,

to end this i will never speak of this again as its zoes wish that its forgotten, however DDR if you have a problem with me dnt mess about pm me and come out with it,

as far as im concerned public speak on this matter is over

Last edited by faznloz on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:26 pm 

Coupe: gen3
One of the things that brought me to the site (apart from my Coupe obviously) was the non stuffy way that buisiness was conducted here, the infomation is there and the people are freindly. This is in no small part due to the hard work of Xorro and the Mods which is much appreciated (by me anyway) It is more difficult to control a forum like ours (see I even feel part ownership, even though its most definately Xorro's) which is more tolerant than other more formal sites and of course disagreement is inevitable. The best thing is to learn and move on which I hope can be done in this case as has happened in the past.

Well done Xorro and the Mods, I for one do appreciate all your hard work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:02 pm 

:yeahthat

From my independant point of view (all though i did see the original post) this seems a bit of making a mountain out of a molehill.I for one hope those involved can put this behind them ,as i have met the majority of members who attend the meets and it would be a shame for any of you to miss out just to avoid one or two who have a different opinion.

Again i appreciate the effort everyone puts in to help answer questions from both old and new members. :thumbup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:05 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
it is rapidly turning into a mountain from a molehill.and needs to stop doing so.now :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:52 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:22 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:46 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:09 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:12 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:37 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

I'm closing this thread now as I don't feel there is any more to be said.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]