[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - what should i get next?
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:16 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ] 
 Post subject: what should i get next?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:12 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:07 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

You may know im after getting an RX8 eventually too so i'll say that :D

Very fast, comfy, smooth, practical, fantastic fun, grippy, gorgeous & just all round brilliant car. Cant wait to get my own. The only problem is mainting it & cost - they need treating with full respect.

Check out the RX8 forums - they have a checklist of recalls you should make sure have been carried out & as long as you dont need to do little movements of the car all the time - the temp gauge needs to start moving before turning the engine off again which takes a couple of minutes - it will be fine. Make sure your buying it off someon taht knows about cars to, if its had a neglectful owner that hasnt looked after it properly & followed the running guide lines you could be looking at a rebuild some time in the future.

I dont see any of this being a problem for you though after all you managed to do to your coupe. If you can realisticaly afford it I see no reason not to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:09 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

ive always been the kind of guy that like unusual looking cars. things that stand out a bit.
i also aways seem to favour the underdog and love to see them come out on top. sort of explains the gen 2 turbo really. this time im looking for somthing with the cumfort level. the rx8 inside is one of the nicest cars ive been in and thats whats selling it to me. the swift isnt bad inside to but for the life of me i cant work out why i like it. its everything i dont want in a car but i keep going back to it. ive even book 2 test drives! lol
the practical option is the mazda 6 2.3l sport. lots of equipment nice place to be. not very quick but not slow too. 164bhp 0-60 7.8 sec. its the middle ground between the two really. oh and its the cheapest. problem is i just dont seem to care for like the rx8 and swift. the ex8 is fantastic and the swift just looks plain fun.
i am thinking at looking at a lexus is200 maybe or an integra too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:59 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:02 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:16 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:31 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:46 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:11 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:58 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

What about an older style Civic Type-R (or even more exotic an Integra Type-R), just a thought!

I know it's a 'hot' hatch but they are cracking cars!

Or what about something completely different like my other motor - Nissan Largo: -

Regards,
Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:44 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

lol thats pretty funky. bit big for me though.
integra is a very good idea. i love these cars. ill be looking for some of these over the weekend i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:10 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

You can always buy my Coupe Steve :b instant 200+ BHP and a brand new MOT ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:12 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:31 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:36 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:45 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:03 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:03 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:07 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

How about the Mondeo ST220 with its 3.0l V6 engine - 220bhp - 0-60 in 7.3?

My VERY quick search threw up this:

It will be ultra-practical and at a price that won't break the bank. It doesn't look unusual, but people will think it is a standard mondeo until you disappear into the distance. Those recaro seats are going to be very comfortable and the spec on these is pretty high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:49 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:55 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Hi mate. You should consider the MK1 Leon Cupra R. Practical and 225bhp on tap, should also be well within your budget. Oh and they can easily be remaped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:15 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

yeah really wanted to have a look at one but couldnt find one local.
going to try and find one but will have to go a bit further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:18 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:25 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Lol, I actually had a look at an FTO the other day - I was very tempted so rang up the insurance company to see how much - £3485!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Sure its an import & its pretty damn powerful, but thats taking the p*ss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:14 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

i dont mind fto's but jay (jdrides) would never let mem live it down if i got one lol

thats really high mate. my quote on the rx8 was only 570 i would expect a bit less for a fto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:23 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

The RX8 (230bhp one) came out at about £1850 when I was enquiring about that :confused

Ive also enquired about at WRX STi Impreza - that came out at £2100. Thats why im so confused by the fto price seeing as though its less powerful than both & even though its got 50ish more bhp than my coupe its not actually really any faster at 0-60.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:20 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

lol i know what you mean. i got quoted 800 for qa 1.6 suzuki swift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:44 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Whats even better they flat out refused to insure me on my current car with an air intake mod & new 18" alloys. They said theyd have to refer me to another company or something which wanted to charge e £2000!!

How the hell can 2-3bhp extra & alloys be wose than getting a considerably more powerful RX8 or Impreza? Both would more likely be nicked on my estate too. It just baffles the mind - I really cant for the life of me work out how these insurance companies work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:14 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:33 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]