[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - All gone :(
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: All gone :(
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:00 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

Swerving to avoid some crazy lady in a fiesta, I ended up writing my coupe off into a barrier. Front end caved in, even the strut brace bent... write-off.

So yes, my coupe is no more. Copart is the name of the salvage company that will be taking possesion of her in a week or so, so if you want any bits off it, you can contact them on 0870 4589210. Leave it a month for the inspection etc. But I know a few people were interested in the exhaust. The CAT is the highest flowing available and cost £250 new, which the salvage company probably won't know. There's also the 40mm lowered suspension, alloys with tyres, short-shifter and gear-knob, auto flip down Mp3 stereo with remote, reletively new performance clutch, HT leads, iridium sparks, HID conversion kit and rear 6x9's were replaced with sony's X-plode speakers... I've just realised all this will be in my online garage lol. But as I said, the strut brace bent and also the induction kit and 4-2-1 header were ruined.

As this was my second Coupe and its only the ageing Gen1's I adore, I won't be getting another. I still have my range rover but if I do get a second car i'd be tempted to go for a 3.0 V6 Jag X-type. I know its a Mondeo with 4x4 underneath but still prefer it to the S-type lol.

I don't have any pics of the car/crash as I was pretty shaken up at the time. I'm fine by the way, though its still sinking in. That stupid woman just carried on speeding wherever she was going and so gets away, leaving my insurance to take the claim and another statistic that say's women are safer drivers :bang :bang :aargh :bang :bang

You didn't see much of me on here anyway, but I won't be logging on too often now as seeing all you with your coupes will just make me cry with envy haha. Please pm me if there's a south wales or bristol meet though as would like to keep in touch.

Also, I have a spare gearbox if anyone ever needs one (not to mention I run my own gearbox repair company lol).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:27 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: gen1
NOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man

That is sooooo sad to hear mate

I am so glad that you made it to the last Bristol meet and we were able to see here for the last time

And you had so much fun on the beach as well

I did try sending you the pics and the vids but they kept failing

Ill try again by eiter zipping them up or sending them seperatly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:34 am 

Coupe: gen3
Gutted for you mate, glad your safe

Post subject: Re: All gone :(
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:36 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:32 am 

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:55 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
thats a real shame :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:56 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

nooooooo, gutted for you mate, anyway could the cat be used on a gen 3 glad you came out of it ok.

my mate has an x type the diesel, and i like the looks but the interior isnt a patch on the gen 3 onwards coupe's. i was tempted my self to get an x type sport, but seeing as im not a family guy i couldnt justify having a family car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:35 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

I am really very sorry to hear that fella, thats really sad :( Glad youre ok though, if thats any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:17 am 

Dodge mate, I wish I'd cleaned her before goin to that bristol meet lol. Yeah had loads of fun on that beach. I remembered that the following day and thought to myself 'well atleast I got to do that before she went'. Was tons of fun.

The camera's were at that corner and so only covered the road leading to and from it. also, they only take a snap once every 5 minutes so the chances of being on it would be pretty darn slim. No numberplate so it all goes against me. Luckily makes no odds as no claims is protected (unless I have aother bump or 2 in the time limit). Though I have the Range Rover so won't be getting a second car for a while.

Paul mate that CAT will go on any car. Also yes the x-type is quite lush inside, though even with the extra power and 4 wheel drive, it wont be as much fun to drive. Another car that occured to me today was a convertable A4...

The coupe will be sorely missed. If I win the lottery I'll buy one and tune it to the max. But seeing as I don't play the lottery, don't hold ya breath lol.

I wasn't traveling that fast as I was just joining the dual carraigeway, so it was more the shock that's had a noticable affect. You might not think it possible, but I've suddenly gone quiet lol. Ah well, am headed to liverpool on a stag weekend in just a few hours, that should liven me up haha.

Thanks guy's for the posts, I will defo keep dropping in every now and then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:10 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

OH bloody hell, Kev! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thats some crappy news, mate - we're both glad you're still here to tell the tale. Gutted for you, though, mate. We know how much you love '1's... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:28 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:23 pm 

Too true. More bad news though, the engine block in the range rover has cracked so thats off the road aswell! Common fault and luckily is under warranty. Still means I'll be driving a rental focus/Astra for the next week though : (

I'm not having much luck with cars at the moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:08 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:25 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]