[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Policys for under 25's allowing you to drive any vehicle
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:58 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 
 Post subject: Policys for under 25's allowing you to drive any vehicle
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:13 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I know alot of insurance companies allow 25 and over's to drive any vehicle third party only and very few that allow it for under 25's.

I am 22 in a few days and could really do with this option but what insurers will allow me?

Could everyone that knows of a insurance company that allows under 25's the option to drive any other vehicle third party only please post the name of the insurer as this would help me and i imagine others.

Thanks

p.s I tried searching for this but i dont think search is finding everything? If this is mentioned somewhere else then please do close this.

Post subject: Re: Policys for under 25's allowing you to drive any vehicle
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:36 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

I think CIS do it (co-oparative insurance)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:07 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
It's bound to be one of those ones that charges 5 times more than anyone else and, therefore, won't be worth it.

None of the companies I've used have allowed it yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:38 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1
Quinn Direct did 3 years ago when i was using them...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:03 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3
Adrian Flux don't

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:13 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

What about one of these 'short term insurance companies' - you know the ones that'll insure you for a period of between 24hrs and 1 month. Probably not the best premium, but if you can't get it anywhere else you aint got the choice have you?

A few restrict theirs to over 25's but Swinton do one for over 21's - and therefore may offer you what you are after on annual liability...

Happy days...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

quinn direct do it, im 22 and can drive anybody's car with their permission :thumbup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:23 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

yeah , quinn do it. they wer cheapest by £300 when i got my 1st car at 18 and i could drive other cars.

allthough as i gathered the ncb and more driving experience their price just went up?

johny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:46 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:43 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I did think that but I asked them when I got my quote and said noone would do it for me under 25

But then I've got a lot of mods declared so that might have limited the number of companies they were looking at

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

insurance is calculated on a per-person basis, if you have a valid reason for needing it (rather than I have a 7l quad turbo skyline which is in my dads name that I'll never get insurance on so I'm using my coupe insurance to cover me driving that) you can often discuss this with an insurance company and pay the extra to get it added.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:26 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Dunno if u guys have Aviva, with them a few years, but i have had this on my comprehensive policy since i was 19. no extra cost. apparently all i need to be insured is the owners permission.....so if i steal the car im not insured! :bang :bang :bang ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:44 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:29 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

OK lets all just agree that AF don't like me... :aargh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:54 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

You got to be 24 for the Temp cover insurance companies, and as lidl pointed out its to stop young drivers insuring themselves on a 1L banger then driving their parents sports car.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:21 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:17 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
in the next few years you wont be able to do this with any.they are all putting a stop to it except for traders.and most people now only get third party insurance for any vehicle.thats what adrian flux do

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:38 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

i heard they were thinking of that alright, but its a shame. its really ahdny for me cos we have four cars at home, and for example when i got the puncture on the way to work, i just swapped for my dads car.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:58 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Yea that's what I want it for, or when I go to B&Q buying my parents a lot of stuff and need to take the Landy.

Some people just ruin everything for the rest of us

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:21 am 

same here, whenever i am doing work on my car i will use another car to runaround (and buy the bits that i forget or break normally).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:29 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Thank for the replies!

I only got the chance to phone the co-operative and the lady said they wouldnt be able to supply me this option because of my age.

I will phone Adrian Flux, Quinn Direct and Aviva tomorrow and will post the outcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Made some phone calls today and came out with this -

Endsleigh
Quinn Direct
AA
- All 3 of them do it but i believe it comes down to how long you've had a full license etc. AA came out around 250quid cheaper than the other 2 but once again that will vary for everyone else.

Bell Insurance
- THe man i spoke to said they did do this in the past on their flexibell policy but that came to an end last year.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]