The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:34 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Not a good day for my Cous!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:01 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

my cousin, literaly last week bought a vauxhall zafira gsi, in blue, he had anthracite his wheels, and had rear windows tinted for his kids privacy, the car was mint, and quick for an mpv style motor, well today, he dropped the little ones off at school, got back to the house, parked on the grass verge next to his drive, put the kettle on and sat down (on the throne im sorry to say), when he heard a huge racket, he thought it was a car backfiring as he lives infront of an MOT centre, then he went downstairs and saw a lot of people outside his house so he went for a nose, then set eyes on a MGZR style car smashed straight into the side rear of his new zafira, with the driver having hammered it round the roundabouit and lost control mounting the pavement, two neighbours had already grilled the driver and pulled him from his car, he tried to run but couldnt, when asked his details, well...... he had none, uninsured driver, my cous is gutted, and he spent his full budget on the zafira. where does he stand now? will his insurance pay out?

Post subject: Re: Not a good day for my Cous!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:25 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen3
i'd rip out the tint, i dont know what you mean by "he had anthracite his wheels", doesnt make sense to me :?:

If he has aftermarket alloys can he sneaky change them back, im sure nobody would contest it.

Other than that, your cousins insurance will/should payout, but the insurance will also go through the roof due to being hit by someone who isnt insured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:33 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

sorry, what i mean to say whas he had the wheels sprayed by the guy that reconditioned mine, recoloured in anthracite!!

Ye thats what he said and th tints wernt cheap either i dont think. hes gonna have to i suppose.

ah rite ok so they will pay out then? thats a bummer if its true, but hes 30 with full no claims for at least 10 years i think. hopefully wont be too bad. he has never really had a decent nice car, always been practicals for his kids, now he bought the zafira gsi for practicality and enjoyment, now its a dent mobile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:39 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

anything declared to insurance? If not then i would get it back to standard ASAP - even if the tints were £200, who cares - it'll cost alot more in the long run

Now i normally wouldnt condone or suggest changing things like that - but if it was someone without insurance, fully to blame then i wouldnt give them an INCH to get out of anything...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:07 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
there is a fund he can claim from that insurers pay into to cover uninsured drivers but you rarely get the full ammount.tell him to speak to his insurer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:31 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Since they had the driver shouldn't someone have got the police involved?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:55 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Angelus wrote:
Other than that, your cousins insurance will/should payout, but the insurance will also go through the roof due to being hit by someone who isnt insured.

This is where the whole system is wrong as it wasnt Rob's Cousins fault but he will loose out because of it.

No insurance? Then the courts should make them pay for all expenses out of their own pockets!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:00 pm 

Yes unfortunately, one of the many pitfalls of british car insurance.
As for the wheels, i cant really see them punishing your cousin for getting them refurbished so that should be ok since it doesnt add performance and they are the originals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:04 pm 

Even if he goes through the courts to claim from the uninsured driver it's likely that the guy doesn't have the money to pay up if he couldn't afford the insurance in the first place. So he either will have to pay what he has (maybe 20p and a packet of polos?) or pay back at about £1 a month for life - which is useless really.

Some insurers don't take away your no claims if hit by uninsured drivers, but most see it as a way of not having to give you a discount anymore (good for them eh? no need to care for the customer when they can fill their wallets!) so I'd check. Depending on damage it's sometimes cheaper NOT to claim in those circumstances. Even if you don't lose you NCB the fact of having a claim will still raise the premium for the next 5 years so tell him to think long and hard about it.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:17 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i went and had a nose today, hed drapped it in tarpallin (off his mid-build garage roof), and it looked fine, until i walked around the other side ''and oh my goodness'', i dont know what speed this fella (boy) was doing but the right quarter panel is mangled and the rear wheel buckled, hes not even attempting to get it off!!! the wheels should be fine hes just gonna say thats how vauxhall sold it to him. the fuzz took a while to turn up aswell, and apprently knew this kid as he is band!!!! hes gutted as hes like me a bit clueless on these situations legal wise, but hes hoping that somehting will help, but relying on the great british laws, i agree that they would only give the minimum amount. its a shame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:29 am 

RobV6 wrote:
i went and had a nose today, hed drapped it in tarpallin (off his mid-build garage roof), and it looked fine, until i walked around the other side ''and oh my goodness'', i dont know what speed this fella (boy) was doing but the right quarter panel is mangled and the rear wheel buckled, hes not even attempting to get it off!!! the wheels should be fine hes just gonna say thats how vauxhall sold it to him. the fuzz took a while to turn up aswell, and apprently knew this kid as he is band!!!! hes gutted as hes like me a bit clueless on these situations legal wise, but hes hoping that somehting will help, but relying on the great british laws, i agree that they would only give the minimum amount. its a shame

Damned musicians thinking they're above the law! :aargh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:15 am 

Did you take a picture by any chance, just curious :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

how dopey am i, lol he is ''''''banned'''' haha :mrgreen: . Lol gotta say i did try but he looked really p*ssed off at the time so i didnt wanna chance him giving me a slap. :lol me strutting around his new pride and joy snapping away like a tourist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:23 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Try these chaps:

http://www.mib.org.uk/Home/en/default.htm

I believe, if you have an accident which isn't your fault and it involves and uninsured driver, you can make a claim through here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]