[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Where do I stand here?
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:53 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where do I stand here?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:04 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Over 2 weeks ago now I got hold of someone who was breaking a gen1. It was the typical advert on eBay that basically had a phone number and told you to get in touch with whatever part you needed. I was after a spoiler brake light 'cos mine's cracked so he quoted me and I paid him £15 through paypal for the light and postage on the 9th of June.

Nothing's come through despite the bloke saying he sent it standard delivery on the 11th.

I tried ringing him yesterday and there was no answer, nor was there any reply to my text message asking him if there was a tracking code or any way of seeing where the parcel could be.

So basically, where do I stand right now? Do I wait longer to see if it has just been delayed in the post despite it now being 10 days since it was supposedly sent or do I contact paypal or the relevant people to see about getting my money back somehow? Is it worth popping down to my local post office to see if it has been left there for some reason?

As usual, any help is much appreciated!

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 am 
I'd check the post office first mate, but I think you will have some form of contract thanks to PayPal so you could look at getting your money back through them, you could go to start civil proceedings against him but that would cost a fair bit to sort it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:05 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5
i had a experence like that with ebay, i think you have to wait a while then you can start a have not recieved item and ebay and paypal look into it and try contact seller, if nothing you may get your money back, depends how much paypal can get from there account. hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:45 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Cheers guys. Managed to get hold of the breaker and he had another coupe come in yesterday so he's sending me the light from that first class. I'll keep everyone posted :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:51 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Ok thats good but if you don't get that one either keep copies of any emails you have sent or recieved about it and then you can start a paypal dispute over it.

One thing to check though and this might sound stupid make sure you have given him your full complete address (even get him to confirm it back to you). I've lost count the amount of times that something hasn't arrived to a customer address because they either entered it wrong or gave a wrong postcode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:12 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

But the item has'nt actually been purchased through Ebay, it was just an advert on there. PayPal is the only people who can help you I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:42 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:37 pm 

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:17 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:34 pm 

Well done mate, glad it worked out ok
Coupe will be looking pristine again. Even a small defect seems to make you feel that the cars not running right, but when you fix the light or other minor fault the coupe seems to burst into a new lease of life as if you'd chipped it or something. That's psychology for you.
Uncle Buck

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]