[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - someone went into me but.....
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: someone went into me but.....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:19 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

someone went into the side of me today

they admitted full liability because they pulled out of a give way

but..... i have an abs problem that has meant ive been delayed getting an mot whilst i source parts

so, i was driving with no mot today when she hit me

the 3rd party garage will be wanting to collect the car to decide if its worth doing the work or write the car off, should i make sure the abs light is fixed and i have a propper mot before they pick the car up or will it not make any difference being as the accident wasnt my fault?

will they ask for the mot?

any help asap please, got to ring em tomoz :-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:37 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:07 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:15 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:05 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

to be fair i dint delay making it legal, it was booked in for mot before the old one ran out, but it was a friday and the garage ran out of time, if id have left the car with him id have had had to pay 250 for cv and had no car the weekend!

the mechanic knew i could source the part myself, which i did do on manday and ive booked it in the other day for as soon as he could fit me in, which is this friday the 1st

just so happends someone hit me in the space of that week

im aware what my insurance documants say, what i want to know is if anyone knows for definate whether their insurance garage will ask to see the mot, whether i should go ahead and have the work and mot finished on friday or what other options i have i spose

when someone went into my prelude last year i dont remember anyone asking for a mot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:11 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

it depends on how "my the book" they want to play it, if you have the backing of the garage and play it cool you may get away with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:49 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:17 pm 

Coupe: gen1
if you say you were on your way to get an mot they will ask the mot station for proof of booking it in, i dont believe they will take your word for it as they are looking for any excuse not to pay out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:06 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:47 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:53 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:35 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:40 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Cool, hope you get sorted.
All the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:20 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:43 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

i should be ok now, i have had the mot retest done today including cv joint so i am legal if they take it on tuesday

checked the uk police forums aswell today and i read that it is ok to have no mot but be on way to retest if the car is roadworthy, and my car was roadworthy at the time therefore my insurance was valid at the time as well

i will update again if you like, let you know whether its written off or not

thanks heaps for the points of view guys, always good to get as many points of view and as much information as possible :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:01 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:18 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

but werent you on your way to an mot appointment at the local friendly garage, that could prove this? ;) ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]