[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Can't believe this :(
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:36 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can't believe this :(
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:44 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Just received my renewal doc in... Noticed a quite sudden increase in policy price from around £350 to over £600... Phoned insurer who stated that my claim had pushed up price.

Around August last year I ran into the back of someone at a roundabout; very, very low speed collision (maybe 5 to 10mph once I'd hit the brakes). There was no damage at all visible... My F2 Evo had barely a scratch and so I didn't claim a thing. I had a good look at his car (a monster people carrier) and there was nothing wrong with it, which he agreed with - even checked to see if his boot would open and it did.

Insurer has just told me they paid out over £1000! Cannot believe that :bang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:50 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: gen3
it's the times mate, if you go into the back of someone even if the cars not damaged every one of the occupants in the car will be off work for 6 months due to whiplash injuries, and flashbacks etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:53 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:02 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:14 pm 

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:37 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:10 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:42 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:01 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I suppose I can see in the current financial times why they would claim, but what I would angry about is how nice they were and how happy they were talking to you saying they were ok with it etc, I think thats the real annoying thing about this, because you weren't expecting it whatsoever.

I dunno about you, but if it was the other way round, I'd be honest either way I think I'd feel guilty if I said I wasn't going to make any claims and then I did behind their back. Even if it did make me some much needed bunse!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:20 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

so did you swap insurance details at the time? just if everyone was hunkydory at the time I dont understand why you would...

if it helps I have a brake in my back bumper from a bmw with fake plates, no insurance and such, he was lovely too, we swapped details and I find myself out of pocket needing to replace the bumper :( a good conman will never let you know you're being conned at the time :(

Post subject: Re: Can't believe this :(
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:26 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:31 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:51 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

[quote ]To be honest, I thought it was a legal requirement to exchange details, regardless of whether it all seemed fine? Maybe someone else can clarify that?
[/quote]
if you both agree there was no 'accident' just a close shave where no harm was done, what's the point?

It does smell of a scam to be honest, but you've been stung and I doubt you can do anything about it, you cant prove his car wasnt damaged and you've accepted you were at fault and there was an accident. In the future if you have a camera phone with you, take photos of the damage or lack of on both cars, as this will prove to protect you a little.. something I should have done with the bmw...

it's a nasty world out there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:27 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

I'd certainly get the details of the incident. I'd also like to know how many people the other driver says was in the car.

"Yes I was in my people carrier with 5 passengers ... and they all have whiplash..."

I'd check it over. Anything wrong with it - go back to the insurer state you feel the claim to be fraudulent. They have to look into it by law. You can always then complain to the ombudsman.

A mate of mine had a similar case. The other driver was at fault but then submitted a completely different series of events. Both insurerers agreed 50/50. My mate stated the other chap was lying. Eventually he changed his story a couple of times and had to back down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:29 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:44 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:03 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:53 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:23 pm 

Sorry, didn't read it thoroughly, my mistake.
For info, You only have to exchange name, address, Reg.No. and insurer if "Owing to the presence of a motor vehicle on a road an accident occurs whereby damage is caused to any thing other than your vehicle (ie other car, fence, lamppost etc.) or injury is caused to any person other than the driver of that car. (pedestrian, passenger in your vehicle or driver or passenger in other vehicle or in extreme cases someone sitting in a chair in their living room watching TV)". Shock is considered an injury. Otherwise there's nothing to report. You can injure yourself or damage your own car and it's not reportable.
Still think your insurer should have had your car examined to see if it was possible for it to have caused the damage that cost over a £1000 to the other vehicle.
Sorry mate but (after the horse has bolted) you need to get protected no claims in the future.
Uncle Buck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:13 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]