[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Average Speed Camers!
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ] 
 Post subject: Average Speed Camers!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:34 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

A nice new average speed camera system has been installed on my local highway. It runs from the last junction to the end of the highway so about 5 miles or so. I have been informed by someone I know who works for the police that they have been turned on straight after being installed. So lots of people are going to be getting some speeding tickets as they are not very noticeable and there is no sign. I always thought in order for you to recieve a ticket there has to be a sign for the camera, is this correct or just wishfull thinking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:39 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: gen3
I think the laws changed... cant be sure though... just be thankful you know :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:46 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Yeh, I mean I don't speed anyways officer ;) No officer really I don't/can't as I don't have a car!! :p

Might rip the satelite dish off the side of them soon lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:02 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Stupid question i expect...

But!

What are they? Are they the same as a regular speed camera? :confused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:05 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

yeah they have to display a sign warning for speed cameras

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:05 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

They basically work out your average speed between two points.

So for example with a normal speed camera if you know it's there you tend to slow down before you get to it.
With these new ones say you go past the camera and decide to speed up and then slow down for the next one it will know that between A & B point you were exceeding the speed limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:07 pm 

Be careful though, in Bucks they have a sign on each road entering the county saying "Speed cameras operating throughout the county" and thats all the warning you get ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:23 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:40 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:06 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:32 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:06 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:15 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:04 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:35 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:43 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:01 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:36 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:09 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:12 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:16 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:55 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Speed camera signs to warn you are just guidelines and not compulsory, so any authority can disregard them if they wish. Guidelines produced by central government are just a bit of fudging around to seem like they are listening when they are actually doing naff all. They neve rahve to be adhered to as they are not the law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:33 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

You often seen speed camera signs on roads where there isn't any cameras. Liars! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:26 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:49 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:54 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:21 pm 

However self rightious you may feel at that point it doesn't protect you from the BMW/Audi mans road rage :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:28 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:52 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:10 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:49 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:17 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:19 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:21 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i shall therefore raise my guard and be more wary of murderous bmw drivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:22 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:24 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:48 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:53 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i have to agree with nige. the only reason they make so much money out of the british motorist is that people point blankly refuse to obey the rules of the road. i'm afraid i'm not very sypathetic. if you told somebody to stop doing something, and they kept doing it you'd be pretty pi**ed off? its easy money which i believe the local constabularies can now keep, paid by impatient road users. we have a choice. so bleurgh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:00 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

The police don't get the money it goes to the department of constitutional affairs and a grant is given out to the local authorities who spend it on education, engineering and fund the cost of speed camera units at their discretion.
No matter which way you look at it speed limits are speed limits but cameras only enforce they don't educate and apply common sense.
31 mph past a school when kids are about is more dangerous than 80mph on a motorway.
I often wonder during my drives from one end of the country to another how many accidents on roads with speed limits over 60 mph are due excessive speed.
30`s & 40`s when pedestrians are about shame on you if you go other limit. Other roads bring on a little common sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:17 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

i remember reading about this issue with signs. if the speed camera and mobile camera locations arent sign posted to giudelines, then the local police force/camera safety partnership does not get to keep the revnue from the fines. instead it goes straight the goverment.

and as some people have said dont speed. no speed just get a gps data based speed camera locator like the snooper s4 its currently only £75 and a £5 a month subcription charge. mine has saved me many a time.

as for the average speed zones. when you know your entering the zone most coupe's have cruise control use it then you cant be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i agree with you, dgh, unfortunately common sense is something that is best taken out of the control of the average road user! i dont think folks speed out of lack of appreciation of the dangers, more to do with peoples attitudes once they are behind the wheel of a car. no-one would dare push in front of someone in a queue at the supermarket, yet behind the wheel all courtesy is out the window, so to speak! i'm quite sure, however, that were the speed limits on motorways abolished, we would be in an even worse state. you would barely get the opportunity to travel in excess of 100mph due to lane hoggers and inevitable occurance of some moron pulling out doing 60 while you career into them attempting to slow down from 100! i hope i am not alone in thinking that the speed limits are not there purely to "spoil" peoples fun or generate revenue, but because the road is unpredictable and full of morons!! i thoroughly believe that an IQ test should be administered before anyone is given a license, as some folks just dont have the nouse to be operating a speeding death machine!
yes i know all that sounds sanctimonious and i am not perfect but i have been driving for 15 years and never seen a ticket yet so...err...i can be. nuh nuh na nuh nuh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:27 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 pm 

He'll do that :rollin :rollin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:39 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]