[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Insurance Won't Pay Out!! Help needed!
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ] 
 Post subject: Insurance Won't Pay Out!! Help needed!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:09 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:51 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:22 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

closest I can find on eBay is - £3600 (know it's not exact match, but closest - and a v good example of that special-edition model. probably closest you're going to get - yes, it's older than yours, but its a limited edition and in top condition.)

have to agree with mjnewton tho - extreme kits do nuke the value of the car, especially along with more "selective" colour-schemes. Any mods sets your can into a "non-standard" bracket which requires additional insurance and appeals to a smaller crowd - basically seen as a complication and annoyance to dealers so generally avoid (thus dropping the resale-ability and thus value). Now, mods on a more chav-friendly car (ie golf, saxo, etc) have less of an impact, and possibly in extreme cases can reduce depreciation - never increase value, simply due to there being more spotty teens who dont care about declaring mods wanting to drive golf with a screwdriver through its exhaust than a funky coupe.

to quote: http://www.carkeys.co.uk/performance_an ... g/7954.asp
"When it comes to resale time, the potential next owner may not consider that the looks have been improved at all, and the value of the car may suffer as a result."

hate to say it but 4k may well be close to the mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:18 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:43 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Hi,
I'm no expert on these matters in fact I have no knowledge when it comes to cosmetic mods, but it occurs to me that when you modded your car, you advised the insurance company as to value and type of mod so they could re-asses your premium. I presume your premium was increased to take the mod into account.
Couldn't you therfore ask for the basic market value of the car un-modded, then ask them to add the value of your mods to this figure, as notified to them by you. You could possibly supply receipts for some mods and adverts with values for others. I would hope it would be a more realistic figure.
As I said, I have no knowledge of how these things work but it seems fair to me to ask for the value you informed them about and which they charged you extra for, over and above the value of the car---assuming you informed them ---and assuming you were charged extra.
Just a thought and possible alternative mode of attack.
Uncle Buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:21 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:36 pm 

I've had another brainwave.
It depends on what category of write off your coupe is.
Some write offs are as a result of the repairs (at a main dealer) exceeding the value of the car as they see it.
If yours is of this type, you can buy your car off them cheap and use the settlement cash to have it repaired by a smaller workshop who's prices are very much cheaper.
This way you could possibly get your beloved motor back on the road and could even end up a few quid in your pocket as well.
Just a thought whilst trying to think of a suitable solution for you.
I'm trying........so the wife says!!!
Uncle Buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:17 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

the problem of what the value of the car is still isnt resolved. however when you arrange the policy you would have given a value for the car, so surely you should get atleast that value, unless you went crazy and said it was 50 grand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:27 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
what you say your car is worth means nothing.they ask you for your estimate of its value but they will never give you that unless you get an AGREED value

Post subject: Re: Insurance Won't Pay Out!! Help needed!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:33 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:44 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:47 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Thanks for the other advice too re receipts etc but I can assure you the car is a goner :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:25 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:29 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

guess over (and probably by a decent margin) 4k - which, i think we're all politely trying to say may well be a stretch.

I did quite a search for modded gen 2s but the closest to your spec was the Evo i posted (and the original post said Kitted up Hyundais only, gen 2 preferred (NO GEN 3 or above) - so a kitted up Evo still matched the request...

considering you can get a I'm afraid more for a pink gen 2 is almost funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:18 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Thanks to some job adverts I had help finding I've now been offered a much more reasonable £7500 whereas before it was not even £4k they offered! Did look at some FTO's (NOT Mivec as they won't insure me lol) and now looking at CRX Del Sols

Gutted now aren't you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:24 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

that seems rather a strange remark to make-to think that people would not wish you to do well out of it-why on earth would they take the time to reply and wish you to get any less.what they were telling you was common sense,and reasonable.i think you've been very lucky and im pleased you got the amount.if you think i would be gutted you had done well.....you need to go lie down.sorry to dissapoint you.im not in the trade of wishing others worse off than me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:32 pm 

Did you get anything for personel injury? I've been waiting a year now for the other halfs insurance company to get back to me and my sister about our claims. She just (last month) got told what she would be getting for her car, which is double what she paid lucky bitch, and the crash was last march!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:34 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:07 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:31 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:50 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:38 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:09 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:16 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:01 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]