[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Scorpion alarm failure on Gen 3 (interesting info)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:52 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 
 Post subject: Scorpion alarm failure on Gen 3 (interesting info)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:33 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Well folks I’ve just had the missus on the phone asking how to re-set the alarm (Gen 3 2005 pre-facelift 2.0) again. I’m a bit fed up with the weekly re-set (it’s a Scorpion alarm BTW) so I thought I’d call my dealer and se if they’ll get it sorted.

No surprise to me that they were more than helpful and booked it in for a week on Monday (earliest I could make it) however I found out a really interesting bit of gossip. The guy who answered the phone told me that Hyundai don’t deal with Scorpion any more but this wasn’t a problem as the Coupes have 2 alarms fitted. The Scorpion cat’ 2 approved alarm and the standard Hyundai alarm. The Hyundai alarm system was fitted to all of the coupes but was dormant. They (Hyundai) told me to take the car along and they would remove the Scorpion and enable the Hyundai system. Great and thanks but my insurance co have specified I have at least a cat 2 alarm system fitted, the dealer couldn’t tell me if the Hyundai system was categorised or not and advised me to contact customer services, which I did and they have told me that if you have a Scorpion alarm system fitted and it needs replacing the dealer can now replace it with a Meta-Alarm from Meta Systems and these are Thatcham cat 2 approved.

Rang Hyundai dealer back and told them what customer services told me and hey presto I’m to have an approved cat 2 Meta Alarm fitted by a Meta Systems engineer.

The Hyundai dealer did tell me that they have had bucket loads of Scorpion alarms removed under warranty and it is a very common problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:06 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

How comes you had to keep reseting it?
I know mine is really mad on distance to lock and unlock i may has well just lock it with the key sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:50 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

I have to keep re-setting it cause it's fooked, the dealer said they have had a load of them with the same problem that they've changed back to the Hyundai one. Like I said though I needed a cat 2 for insurance purposes and they are fitting me a Met Alarm which is policy I'm told if the customer requests they need a thatcham approved alarm. I've had a look at these and they are made by the sister company of Serpi Star.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:09 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Cool - I've become fed up with my Scorpion alarm as well...I'm going to get mine booked in! Let us know what this new alarm is like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:11 pm 

There's no such thing as a Cat 2 alarm. Cat 2 certification applies to immobilisers only - of course this may come as part of your 'alarm' but the alarm itself is not Thatcham-certified unless it's a Cat 1 (or a Cat 2/1 fitted to a Cat 2 equipped vehicle).

Mathew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:22 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

The meta alarm/immobilisor is a thatcham cat 2. Maybe the immobilosor part of it is what is categorised but as long as I have a certificate saying it's a thatcham cat 2 approved system that I can show to my insurers to reduce my premium, that'll do fine.

And anything has to be better than the continually frustrating Scorpion that's currently fitted.

Post subject: Scorpion Alarm
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:39 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Coupe: gen3
Hi, I had a problem with my alarm. It was getting so bad that my neighbours complained cause it was always going off. I had it replace at Hyundai but they replaced it with a newer version of scorpion alarm fitted, which is fitted to the Gen 3.5 coupe. This seems to have solved the problem but every couple of weeks, I need to keep syncronising the fob as it doesn't operate the alarm or central locking and has to be reset.

Might take it back to them again as its a bit of a pain in the arse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:05 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Might I suggest you could be holding it wrong Ninos.

Glynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:31 pm 

:lol

I don't know what you do for a living Glynn but I think you're in the wrong job!

Mat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:30 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:01 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:19 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

I've just booked mine in for the dealer to have a look at my alarm, and my trim rattles! He asked me if the sync problem occured with both fobs, but I only use one so I don't know if it does or not! Then yesterday I was leaving work and realise my fob stopped workin! Must be the battery!

Have you had your Meta alarm fitted yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:17 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:26 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Well took the car in yesterday and left it at the garage. Got a phone call 1 hour later apologising that the replacement Meta Alarm was delivered damaged and a replacement had to be ordered. I have had to re-book the car in for April 6th.

The service manager was chatting with me and apologising just as I was getting in the car and the Scorpion alarm threw a wobbly locking me inside the car until I had done a re-set, talk about good timing. I got more apologies before I went on my way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:12 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Well I took mine in today complaining about having to resync mine. I don't think they really looked at it, but said they'd had a lot of complaints about it and were going to apply to Hyundai to replace the whole thing, which I assume is the Meta alarm as they said is was a 4 1/2 job. So now I just have to wait for them to get back in contact with me I guess!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:00 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Why not contact Hyundai customer service yourself, you must tell them that you need a cat 2 fitted and that the Hyundai one will not satisfy your insurance, I had no problems from customer service and they were very helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:41 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:44 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:06 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:51 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:33 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Hate to tell you that my Meta alarm got installed today!! So far it seems pretty good but the manual is rubbish! Obviously the alarm is fairly generic so it doesn't really tell you anything specific. Quite a few differences though to the standard one that was in my Gen3:

The sensors that were screwed into the pillars are not there anymore, they've put them a little higher so there is a screw hole there - would've been nice if they'd put a cap on it.

The LED by the hand brake is no longer in use, and a little plastic black circle with an LED on it (about the size of a 50p) has been stuck on the base of the windscreen.

They've added a socket for a key that you can insert and press a button code to overide the alarm if the blipper is lost.

That's pretty much it - the confusing bit is that the lights flashes are the wrong way around - or at least the opposite to the original Scorpion alarm.

Plus the second button does something weird - if I lock the car, then press the second button, the car blips and flashes the lights 3 times. In the manual it says it's the Interupt Alarm Cycle function...whatever that means!!

Will let you know if I discover anything else about it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:39 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

The Scorpion on my Gen 3.5 packed in again today. I've previously had to call out the RAC to let me in to the car and last week I had the garage adjust the sensitivity to stop it going off all the time.

Today it just wouldn't let me in to the car and I had to do a reset. What a piece of junk! I've given up with it and from now on I'll just lock the car with the key.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:08 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Definately get the dealer to replace it! The Meta one seems much better so far!
Just noticed that my car now blips, but not embaressingly loud, quite quietly! When you lock the car the lights flash, then about 10 seconds later it blips twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:49 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

My 05 coupe has had probs with the scorpion alarm ( needs resetting frequently,no range, also batteries in fob need replacing every month or so !! ) booked in at Derby dealership for cure.. say they will fit new alarm ,anyone any idea what they are likely to fit.I suppose anything is better than the crap scorpion.. :roll:

Its a shame about the alarm as other than this fault the car is brill., Only British part fitted and it lets down the whole package..Must be costing Scorpion a bomb in warranty claims ?? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:54 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:20 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Mine goes in on Thursday (better late than never and this is the third attempt to get it done) having read Wingees post I'm going to instruct them not to leave any screw hole in the pillar trim, if they cannot fit the new alarm without leaving the holes from the scorpion they can fit new door pillar trims, I'm also going to ask them to make sure the flashing LED near the gear lever continues to work, it can't be dificult to get an LED to flash can it.

Meta Alarms are a sister company to Serpi Star.

I'll keep you posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:51 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:58 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:50 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Finally got the Meta Alarm fitted and so far so good. It has a small grey electronic key so that I can override it if anything should go wrong and it bleeps quieter than the scorpion the manual that came with it is absolute sh*t other than that it's fine.

The installer did tell me that it had an integrated imobilisor and would work alongside the factory fitted immobilisor.

If I experience any problems I'll keep you all informed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:35 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:21 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

booked my V6 in for today ., just dropped it off at the Derby dealer..hope it comes out in one piece :roll:

Will report back as to what sort of alarm they fit :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:11 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:08 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

I've had my meta alarm for quite a few weeks now and it's been excellent. No problems whatsoever - I'd highly recommend anybody with the Scorpion alarm to get it replaced under warranty...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:45 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:03 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Well,..., had the new Meta alarm system fitted for some weeks now and no probs :rollin

makes you wonder why Hyundai fitted such a crap alarm in the first place (must have been cheap :( )
one other bonus of the new alarm is you dont have to stand on top of the car to get it to work :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:38 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Up at 530 for work this morning, left for work at 630 no probs, booked an hour off work so was going home at 2 instead of 3pm , :aargh fking bastd scorpion alarm 3 months old and locks me out ...so stuck there for another 90 mins waiting for RAC to turn up...in the meantime .rung the semi hyundai bridgend office - i can only call them semi, beacuse citroen is there main baby there and they didnt have a frigging number for scorpion....rant over lol...bbq down the beech is needed i think...and a call to hyundai cardiff to sort this out lol

Matt :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]