[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - problems with cruise control
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 
 Post subject: problems with cruise control
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:00 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

i've owned a gen 1 auto se for 3 months now( s reg ), got all the things that was wrong with it sorted...as per everyone else...the exhaust manifold crack, the seized brake calipers, the ' handbreak cable that need adjustment' that wasnt even there, blah blah.

one thing that still needs doing is the cruise control; it isnt working. is this a common fault, am i doing something daft and it is working? :bang

also, anyone with an auto, whats the button marked ECT for? mine maybe not be working, cos it aint doin nowt !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:16 pm 

What do you mean by it's not working? What are you doing, and what isn't happening? (more questions than answers I'm afraid)

Mathew

Post subject: cruise control
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:54 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

ok, thanks for reply.

well, i press the cruise button on the dash, the light comes on, when i press the button on the stalk when going at speed...nothing. its spose to stick at the speed your at, isnt it? :bang

what else can i say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:24 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Mine too Scotty....light comes on but nothing from the stalk button. I wouldn't need it personally but saw someone say they got more acceleration by pressing the accel switch than by pressing the pedal......and I'm always up for a cheap performance mod. :lol
The cruise does have its own module.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:05 pm 

It could be either the clutch or brake sensor switch although for you, shyscotsman, it could also be the auto inputs.

Looking at http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/coupe/servic ... _394881164 I think your best bet would be the measure the voltages at the pin inputs from all the sensors. This is easiest done at the module itself, located behind the stereo:

As a last resort, it could also be the speed input - the cruise control won't activate at <25mpg or >90mph so if it's getting an out-of-range signal input (i.e. none at all would be the most likely) then that could be it. I'd suspect one of the switches first.

Do either of you have LED brake lights? These can stop the cruise working - I've got a small circuit that will aleviate this problem (Kupsjon has confirmed it works).

Mathew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:57 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

No led lights Mathew. I'm not missing mine but as I can start the car without depressing the clutch, and the clutch disengages as soon as you put the thickness of a sock on it, I suspect some attention at the top of the pedal is required so I will check the measurements are up to spec.
( have all the info for that... thanks... :D )

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:14 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

thanks mjnewton. seems a bit complicated for my abilitys. might take it to a auto electrition, or more likly just forget its there.

Post subject: possible simple sollution
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:49 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Boys,

have you checked your brake lights? If either of them is out or if the bulb connections are dirty it can stop the cruise from working. If they look OK, take them out and clean the connections.

If any of the brake lights are out the cuircit is broken and you can't cruise.

Regarding the post about the cruise control giving some sort of performance boost, thats a new one on me. If anything when you are on cruise, the ECU will switch to economy mode (on a gen1-2) so you will getter MPG but mildly less power.

I think the above is correct, if not i am prepared to be re-educated..........

Post subject: one more thing......
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:52 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

also, my cruise will activate at anything upto 110, above that it just slows back to 110.

I laugh in the face of 90.....as im a bloody bloke!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:52 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Just want to say mine used to work at >90mph The girlfriend used it to keep a steady 110mph (and sometimes a little more) for many many miles, while I drifted off to sleep in the passenger seat. Of course I would never do such a thing myself, not without a funny nagging sound occuring, strange it seems to stop when she's driving. :b

This of course was on a closed private road with good weather and lots of safety gear and ambulances, fire engines, air sea rescue and a saftey dog just in case ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:56 pm 

:lol Identical post times.

But your post explains why there were funny complaining noises about the speed always dropping back when using cruise control, and hence she settled for this forced 110mph cruise. Not exactly something I could take to the garage and complain about :lol

Post subject: agreed
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:08 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

LOL,

imagine the conversation, 'er hello is that the service department, i have a problem with my cruise control...........', priceless

Obviously i was reffering to crusing up and down the german autobahn of course by the way!

Post subject: cruise control
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:54 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject: No worries
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:37 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject: ECT button
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:38 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject: ect button
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:02 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject: mine is a manula
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:46 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

sorry mate mine is a manual.

Googleing ECT gets you:-

Executive conference travel
European computer telecoms
Electro convulsive theropy

I would start a new thread mate. that should get you an answer pretty quickly[/i]

Post subject: mine is a manul
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:46 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I would start a new thread mate. that should get you an answer pretty quickly

Post subject: mine is a manual
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:47 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject: Cuise Control Fixed
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:37 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Thanks for the help to fix my Cuise Control it is just as people hve said both my brake lights were out & a 20A fuse hade blown all fixed for £6.00. I went to the dealers in warrington they said it could be the switch or the module at £300.00
:D
Paul

Post subject: Re: Cuise Control Fixed
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:30 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:26 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

anyone know if a blown cruise light in the dash will stop the cruise control working?

I I just changed all the dash board lights for LEDS and everything works except the cruise control :(

I love my cruise control....also love the way the dash went back in so I am screwed either way I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:53 pm 

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:57 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:58 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:56 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:07 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:12 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]