[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Setting the alarm...
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:11 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Setting the alarm...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:15 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Hey people just a quick easy question,

I have a 3.5 55reg 2.0 coupe.. 2 weeks old now. Ever since i remember whenever i use the button to lock the car the indicator lights flash, as would happen with most cars. However it seems to have gone a bit tempremental since yesterday. Because now sometimes it locks without the light flashing .. i was just wondering if theres anything im doing wrong, it always used to do it and now it only does it sometimes. Does it mean theres a door not shut correctly? ive been around the car and the doors do lock but the lights just dont flash. Any help would be great thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:02 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

funny you should mention that mate......

i got my 53 plate on new years eve, for the first few days, the lights didnt flash when i armed / locked the car with the keyfob. then after a week or so...... the lights flashed when i locked it.
i never thought anything about it, until last weekend, i locked the car, the lights flashed, thought " great, workin ok now" then at 2am the bloody alarm went off on the car, i tried to re-set it, but it kept going off, sometimes, it will activate as soon as i lock the car with the keyfob, other times.... i can set / lock the car, an it wont go off at all or maybe a good few hours before it does, wierd....!

i mentioned to the dealer that it was doing this, he said it may be just over sensative...
( ive started kissing it and giving it a hug now before i go bed ) ha ha
my attempt at sarcasm....sorry.

it is going into the dealer's next tuesday to be checked out.....
at the moment, i am having to lock it with the key, without activating the alarm, i just dont wanna look a prat having the alarm going off day an night. which isnt my best choice to secure the car, but, it saves the ear ache.
i suggest that you contact the dealer and insist they check the system out, theres obviously some technical fault on these alarm systems mate.

let me know how you get on .

good to chat again

neil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:05 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

haha this sounds like its gonna be great, does the alarm eventually stop going off? like most do turn off after a couple of minutes?. Im at uni at the moment in halls and the car is parked outside the block next time mine, far enough not for me to hear, but close enough for the other block to get a good waking up ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:09 pm 

Most alarms, having gone off, give you an indication of what caused it (i.e. which sensor) to go off - does yours? This usually manifests itself as a particular number of flashes of the LED, or blipping the siren etc.

Mathew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:40 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Most Gen3's were fitted with Scorpion alarms (T1012's I think) - unfortunatly quite a few people seem to have had problems with the, many having been replaced by other systems under warranty - dealer is your best bet I think as the behaviour of yours is pretty bizarre.

Some have problems with over sensitive ultrasonics, this can be tested by disabling the ultrasonics & seeing if the alarm still goes off, this is done by pressing the right hand button within 10seconds of arming the alarm (2 button key fob only). The control for the ultrasonics is located behind a small cover in the RH side of the dashboard - only seen when the drivers door is open, the sensitivity of the sensors can be adjusted to prevent false alarms

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]