[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - I pod head unit
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:40 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: I pod head unit
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:04 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Can anyone suggest a good head unit for use with and ipod. I currently have an iTrip which doesnt really offer the best sound quality. I am looking for something that allows me to control my ipodfrom teh head unit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:14 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

sony gt300 mate thats what i've got quite new stereo and got all the toys for around £100.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:33 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:55 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

anyone else know of any ipod head units?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:00 pm 

hi mate i think most of the new ones out are all compatiable!!

Whta ya could do is phone some place out of max power and ask them there ideas etc. thats what i did.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:05 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

cheers, think you are the only one listening to me!!! Quite like your unit but am looking for something that will give me the same kind of display as on the ipod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:13 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

hiya mate

Currently have got an apline unit in mine which comes ready for an ipod etc. got it for £200 from halfords reduced from £250 and i love it. good sound etc although not sure of a head unit about which includes the same display to the ipod?? With my alpine unit you can still access all your playlists and songs from the head unit but just using the skip buttons like you world a normally cd etc

Hope thats some good for you bud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:41 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

got any pics? Is it quite easy to navigate throught the menus with the skip buttons? Is just that my ipod is full so would take a long time to scroll through to an artist at the end of the alphabet if i had to press the skip button each time!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:15 am 

Have a look in the for sale part of the site, my pioneers a cracking unit and im sure that this is ipod compatible

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:54 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I have also been looking for a replacement Headnit that is compatible with an iPod. I was going to go with an Alpine however, my brother works for the Sony Centre and has told me of this unit Sony are about to release early July:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/images/ ... mex1gp.jpg

Has a built in 1Gig memory so should hold more than enough tracks and as my bro works for Sony I can take advantage of his staff discount ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:27 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Hi, im looking to get the JVC KD-AVX1.. Not 100% sure if it has head unit control of the song list but chk this link to see what you think.. I've been looking for a while, and I just prefer this one

Hope this helps mate.. I've just checked, the spec shows direct track access, and I think this is what you want..

www.caraudiodiscount.com/acatalog/jvc_cd.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:09 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Hi mate,

I've just had a pioneer head unit fitted, it came with a little box that the auto electrician fitted behind the head unit, from the box comes an iPod cable, same as the one used to connect your iPod to your PC, he ran the cable into my glove box. So my iPod sits in my glove box and you can control it from the head unit. Displays song titles, artists all the usual iPod stuff, but on the head unit display. It has loads of other options as well but I only got it put in last week and have yet to figure them all out, I'm happy that I've found the shuffle song option!! But all in all a very impresive piece of kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:32 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

what model is the head unit?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]