[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Short shift DIY knowledge required!
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:26 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
 Post subject: Short shift DIY knowledge required!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:00 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3
Have seen a couple of gen3's on here with the DIY short shift gear knob, I have seen a post which is related to the gen1 and 2 but not one for the gen3. Unless I'm not lookin hard enough...
Anyone got the knowledge??
Any help appreciated :thumbup
TVM

Post subject: Re: Short shift DIY knowledge required!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:04 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
what do you need to know? plenty of cheapish kits about.be warned its not everyones cup of tea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:09 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1
If you are after a short shifter, i have two available for the Gen3+

£40 including P&P if you want one mate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:10 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Just lookin to decrease the length of the gear shaft itself really I saw a couple pics on photobooth of a guy in shropshire who managed to whip it out and chop it down wondered if it's possible with the gen3's. Not too short though. And aren't the short shift kits quite pricey..?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:12 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Obviously not then! And no "whip it out and chop it down" wasn't a euphemism :D
What you guys reckon?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:25 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

id buy one off del boy mc183.he's been pretty reliable since they let him out of prison :rollin :rollin
no seriously thats a very reasonable price and you'll get everything you need without dropping a do do.
but if your unsure about length try one first on someones car.faz hates mine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:36 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Well that price aint too shabby ay. What's to hate about em? Will I hate it more than feeling like I'm rowing a boat every time I change gear?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:41 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

alot tend to feel stiff
and a short stick does not suit everyones hand.....or gear knob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Hmmmmmm
I have stock gearknob which isnt big but it aint small, also was given another one as a gift about half inch longer. With the short shift kit will I have to trim it down or is it short anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:53 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

mine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:06 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

looks fine to me :thumbup
I'm guessin I'll have to trim the gaiter down as well

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:09 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

you assume correct

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:16 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Thanks for your help m8 I'm gonna take up del boys offer I think :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:22 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

why not? be rude to turn down a good offer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:31 pm 

ill get some photos taken tomorrow evening when im home for you mate with some measurements so you can see the product.

Only got 2 as i ordered one for the Gen1 which never turned up, so complained and then sent me another one, both then ended up turning up and they were for the Gen 3.

Cost me £75 for it, so £40 for each and it covers P&P too so im not making a loss on them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:45 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

killer
ta very much!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:51 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

thats a bloody good deal.

I absolutely LOVED the one on my gen 1 - to start with i had a sore left bicep for a few days :lol but thats coz im a plank. Fantastic mod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:59 pm 

you having number 2 then andy? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:03 pm 

To give you an idea of size, its a tiny bit bigger than a sky+ remote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:21 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

looks good to me
does it have instructions on how to fit?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:27 pm 

just that and the box unfortunately mate, sure there is a walkthrough on here somewhere mind, or dupleman could run you through it im sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:40 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

hope so! i wouldnt have a clue how to fit it
im sure its here somewhere

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:55 pm 

1 sold
1 left

any takers?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:41 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

its my DIY section i did on my 2 gen1s,

also did the same on my gen3, just got to get the measurment right and re-thread the end.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]