The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best place for zenons?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:25 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Hi guys. After buying a complete Zenon kit on ebay, I've had no stop problem with them blowing, and then having to travel back with one headlight untill I complain to the seller again and get replacements.

Has anyone found a good place for their zenons which doesnt cost the earth?

Post subject: Re: Best place for zenons?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:27 am 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen3
are you talking HID or just xenon bulbs?

http://www.regalautobulbs.co.uk/product ... reaker.php (10off at checkout to get discount)

http://jdrides.com/index.php?main_page= ... cts_id=274

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Just the zenons. I haven't got HID headlights, I'm meaning just the zenon bulbs.

I'll check your links out. I'm never using eBay again... The products are too cheap and always break... Grrr

Thanks for the reply mate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
Xenon is the gas thats inside HID lamps (A bulb goes in the ground, chants my science leturer) They need a ballast to arc in the very high resistance then maintain a low operating current
Is it xenon effect lamps that you have? These are just normal haligon gas with less resistance so more current, drawing more power so reducing life. They are prone to blow quickly due to the a cars electrical sytem not giving a constent current and voltage

Dont slate eBay, iv had lots of good products off it. Ill admit some bad ones too

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en& ... a=N&tab=wf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:26 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Ultra Power bulbs are what you want, quite bright and mine have lasted in my full beam for nerarly 2 years with no effects.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]