[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - My clock is no longer on at all
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: My clock is no longer on at all
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:54 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen2
well, the otherday i was trying to use my cig lighter for a friend which doesnt work very well, but after that noticed my clock was black as in not lit up at all and there is nothing on it.

Is it possible iv blown a fuse and if so any idea which one and what i would need to replace it with, as everything else apart from the cig lighter seems to be fine?

Sorry i know i should check myself but it is cold out and i thought someone may know from the top of there head. Or perhaps the clock is nackered.

Cheers Chris

Post subject: Re: My clock is no longer on at all
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:11 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3
Fairly sure the cigarette lighter and clock are on the same fuse, so I'd go with that

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:15 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

ok i will change the fuse when better weather thanks joff, i just seen the post further down naughty me im forgetting to search for things slap my wrist :bang

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:18 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

If you want the kit to refurb your lighter, I have one in the 'For Sale' section... :thumbup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Coupe: Other
Hi alls!
My cigar lighter and my clock not working at all :\ .
I tried to open the cigar lighter but i saw the wire go to somewhere under the dash gen.Then i try to open the dash gen and i saw it go to somewhere in the front :confused .Then i have no idea what to do :help ?
I saw u said about replace the fuse of cigar lighter & u said the cigar lighter and the clock is the same?But i don't know what's the fuse of them ?how it look like ?
Can someone help me ? :\
Thanks a lot :thumbup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:44 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Its red and most probs got a splash of burnt black in the middle.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:02 pm 

Last edited by Rik'n'Vik on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:31 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

hey guys, well i'v checked the fuse on mine and its fine, i replaced it with a blue 15A as thats what was already in there and on my paper it says a 15A should be in that slot, and nothing, replaced it with a 15A from one off the wipers and that didnt work i put the fuse which was originally in for the cig lighter and clock and that worked fine for the wipers :confused . So unless iv been changing the wrong fuse which i counted them so i dont think i was , then i dont know whats causing it. :help

Its odd as every thing to do with that fuse ( cig lighter, clock and electric mirrors) is not working? Any ideas is there a fuse in the engine bay that maybe controls something to do with them ?

I also noticed to0 that someone had put random fuses in some slots like where it was meant to be 15A there was a 20A and a 15A in a 10A slot, i'v never really looked in the fuse box before but it does say to put the correct ones in, i wonder what chimp has had hold of my car and done that :lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:17 pm 

Dunno, mate - was hoping that the fuse swap would cure this. If there have been all sorts of ratings used where they shouldn't be then it's possible that there is a burned out cable somewhere.

How long have you had the problem, did the mirrors cease working when the clock went out or have they never worked?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:13 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

no they all stoped working together, as i used to have working mirrors and a working clock but iv never used the cig lighter apart from once with the satnav, oh and when a girl in work wanted to light a cig which didnt work then. But it was after that i noticed that the clock wasnt working but i thought i checked the mirrors after this and they worked but i cant be certain if i did. When i seen the fuse was for them, too i tried them today and they were not working i think il try tomorrow and just change every fuse in there just to be certain if that fails looks like its another job for sharky when i go see him.

If you can give me to tomorrow to check all fuses and what il do is get the cig lighter off you and change that incase that is interfering with it perhaps?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:11 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Well, all cured today i did even though i swore i'd counted them about 5 times change number 12 instead of nmumber 13 fuse which was the cig lighter :bang , haha thats my dull moment for this month or the clever-dum balance restored :rollin , so all sorted now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:03 pm 

AhHA, sorted! :thumbup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

:rollin you plank

mind, weve all done it :lol

Not good about the wrong fusing though.... sounds like maybe its had trip problems in the past. Or someone was trying to make a pretty picture in the fuse box

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:41 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

haha yea i think they were tryin to make a pattern :lol , well doesnt seem to be any lasting damage with the wrong fuses being used so fingers crossed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:38 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

its actually ok to use a lower rated fuse than the one required as it will still do the same job though probably wont last as long, the trouble starts when u have a higher rated fuse than required as then it doesnt blow and kills ur wires etc first.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]