[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - WIRING CONNECTORS UNDER FRONT SEATS ???
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: WIRING CONNECTORS UNDER FRONT SEATS ???
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:43 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Hi !

I have a Gen 3 (2004) v6 Coupe and I happened to scouting round on the floor looking for something I had dropped and when I looked under the driver's seat and the passenger seat I noticed there is electrical wiring and yellow connectors which appear to attach to the underside of the seats.

I dont believe I have heated seats (I have never found a switch on the dash !!!) so can anybody tell me:

a) What's this wiring for ?
b) Could the vehicle have been pre-wired as factory standard with the wiring loom in place and all that's needed is the connection to a switch ?

Cheers!

Brett

Post subject: Re: WIRING CONNECTORS UNDER FRONT SEATS ???
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:49 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

I "THINK" yes its the heated seats but not only will you need a switch but you will need a relay and of course the heated seat bits themselves..... Anyone else confirm?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:50 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

It's for the heated seats option - can be done but you need the switch (easy) and the pads - which (IIRC) have to be imported from Korea and require the seat stripping to fit...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:06 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

My seats are black leather so I suspect these would be a nightmare to strip if at all possible because the leather wears and shrinks etc

Is there any chance that the the heat pads are already there ?

Brett

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:56 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Coupe: gen3
Theres no heat pads in the seats. As mentioned above, you'd have to buy the pads and switch.

Pads: http://www.kdmstuff.com/shop/step1.php?number=2597

Switch: http://www.kdmstuff.com/shop/step1.php?number=143

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:38 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

i have been pondering about heated seats ever since winter came, this is the first car iv had with leather seats and OMG its cold, and i was thinking, iv seen the pads, seen the switches that fill the blanks in the dash, but how do you wire them to power? do we have all the necessary wires already there just in case or would we be looking at finding a source to wire to?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:13 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
forget it.the yellow wiring is for pre tensioner and airbag.THERE IS NO WIRING UNDER A GEN3 SEAT FOR HEATED SEATS.there are airbags in the seat sides.never mess with yellow wiring!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:21 pm 

Coupe: gen1
Yes you dont want to set the bags off, End up looking like Casper,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:03 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Any wiring covered in yellow plastic tubing is part of the SRS system (airbags and pretensioners)

Don't even look at it a bit funny... :thumbup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:37 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
Yeah UK models have not wiring for heated seats, I have some on order from Korea which sharky reckons he can fit, but will require a lot of wiring/customization to do so!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:58 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Ok guys, thanks for the tips...especially those about the yellows !!!

Rgds

Brett

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:15 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:45 pm 

Coupe: gen1
3 posts up Rik. You must be getting too :old :lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:12 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:18 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:35 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:39 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:40 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

thats why he's not said anything else he's just been blown through his kitchen window :rollin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]