[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Auto Dim Rear View Mirror
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:39 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Auto Dim Rear View Mirror
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:10 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Tried the search but it brought up nothing so said i would ask. Im thinking bout retro fitting auto dim rear view mirror to my car from a coupe being broken for spares,but wat models was it fitted on as standrd. I think the V6s got it but was it on the 2.0 SIII as well?

Post subject: Re: Auto Dim Rear View Mirror
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:28 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
just the v6 i think

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:22 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

Auto dim? How's that work??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:39 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

when ur driving down the road and sum clown has his full beam on or a transit is bhind you and because the coupe is so low the light hits thr rear view and blinds ya, well if ya have auto dim it sort of changes the colour of the rear view (in mine its a blue/gree) and it cuts all the blur out.....................i know.....................magic lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:30 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

elechrochromatic i think is the proper name. class tho!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 am 

Coupe: SIII
the 2.0 Siii dosen't have that.....but i know one that may well have it soon :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:37 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
v6 only.but the high level spoiler usualy stops it working on alot of cars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:06 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

not on mine itdsnt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:12 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
thats interesting cos the yanks are always sying it affects theres.especially lowered cars.i looked for one for a bit dont know if wiring is there or not

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:08 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:27 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:49 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:51 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

i cant tell on mine lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:02 pm 

Hey Paul, no problem mate :D

Forgot to mention that theres a good way of testing the shutter matrix, to make sure it darkens evenly. Locate the power lines and juice them up from a 12Vdc source. Apply bluetack blob to the front sensor - there'll be a hole in the plastic, thats the sensor. That done, shine a light on the back sensor (to simulate headlights) and the shutter should darken, takes a few seconds. Any unevenness, or reluctance to darken would suggest impending dashboard meltage should it be installed and you'd be wise to seek another...

They aint that hard to wire up, TBH. Splice into the +'ive power feed from your ciggie lighter, -'ive wire to nearest decent earth. Splice the reverse wire into the reverse light wire, probably the most difficult bit - could go off the gearbox or the rear light loom, as long as the wire see's +12Vdc when reverse is engaged it don't matter...

Good luck :thumbup

Last edited by Rik'n'Vik on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:00 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

yeah thats true!wish i thought of this be4 Christmas cos i have done nothing in da last two weeks.

LMFAO at impending dashboard meltage haha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:04 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]