The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anyone fitted aftermarket parking sensors??
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:50 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

I have decided that due to the limited view out of the coupe and difficulty I have trying to park the bloody thing I am tempted to have parking sensors fitted. :o

Has anyone had any fitted and if so can they recommend the unit they have? I have seen these. Front and Back, colour coded and fitted with LCD screen for £300 or one with extra protection for when you are out of the car for £340.

http://www.fittedparkingsensors.co.uk/kit5.htm

http://www.fittedparkingsensors.co.uk/b ... keeper.htm

Post subject: Re: Anyone fitted aftermarket parking sensors??
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
i think albert tattlock fitted he's but i may be wrong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:23 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

After viewing the £340 option what are peoples opinions. I like the idea that it will worn other drivers who are getting too close to the car, but I think that this could annoy people if the car is constantly honking the horn and flashing as they are trying to park, then the car could end up getting keyed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:32 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
some dealers had an offer on a while ago parking sensors fitted for 200 quid.
just dont be tempted to buy cheap,the cheap ones go wrong with water on and all sorts of problems

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:21 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I just had the local Hyundai dealer fit the aftermarket set. Only on the back, but think I paid about £145.00. I might be wrong cos it was about 2 years ago. My car is a 2002, and although fitted in 2007 the price was the same as if they were an option on a new model..

Hope this helps :thumbup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:07 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

I hope im right in sayin Hyundai offered rear parking sensors but there was only two sensors built into a licence plate surround.

the beep and falshing would be handy to warn other drivers but as u said it could be VERY annoying

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:05 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

I can relate your problem, For the coupe's size we have to compromise praticallity.

Thought I'd let you know for £280 I managed to get a 2nd hand avic series pioneer touch screen Navigation unit, Single din built in to my car. for a further £20 i bought a reverse camera which comes on automatically when I engage reverse.
Thought id drop another Idea as for about £300 I managed to get brilliant I.C.E and reverse parking aid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:49 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Thanks Shahbeb, that would be a great idea, but I am really happy with my pioneer headunit.

I did look on the Hyundai dealer page, but not really what I am looking for. I want front and back to be honest. I think I will go with the Valeo ones I have found for £299 fitted and leave the other one for someone who wants their car vandalised!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:20 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Got these fitted today. Will pop up pics tomorrow. Haven't really had a chance to test them. Apparantly the Coupe is not a good car to have these fitted to due to the large crash barrier in the bumpers. They have been fitted in really strange places. The front ones apparantly work for 30 secs after the car has been put into reverse. Also they are not meant to start working until you are half a meter away. I think I should have saved money and just got the rears. I will have to give a full review when I've had a chance to test them properly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:38 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

Sorry I've been off line for a while and just picked up on this topic.
I bought a £20 set of four rear sensors from eBay. Beeper only, no screen. Work perfectly. Had to have a mechanic friend fit them as I couldn't bring myself to drill holes in my bumper. They come colour coded so don't stand out. Simple fit as well.
I hope yours live up to expectations.
Ps. Albert Tatlock fitted the number plate version with two sensors and swears by them.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:44 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
got a link for those uncle B?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:29 pm 

Hi dupleman, sorry, no link as I got them almost two years ago.
I'm sure a quick search will reveal many variations depending on what you want.
I wouldn't be to worried about getting them from China as I've done this a couple of times and haven't been bitten yet.
Albert Tatlock's option of using the number plate version seems sensible if you don't want to drill the bumper, but if you are intending to drill bumper remember (I didn't) that manufacturer has pre prepared voids in the foam behind bumper surface to drill into ready for factory fit option. Try to find these four points and make your job of routing cables simple.
Uncle Buck

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]