The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:00 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Remote central locking problem
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:34 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Hi folks.

First off its a 98 reg Gen 1.

Well, with the weather lately (snow, ice, cold), somethings up with my remote central locking.

Had it installed a little while back, as i had a standard Coupe with just central key locking.

So bare with me.

Its been really cold here lately in the North East, and after a night of snow yesterday i woke up and went to get in my car, used the keyfob, sounded like the doors unlocked...but they didnt, kept trying but no luck. In the end had to get in through the boot.

When inside the car id try the keyfob, but the switches inside for the locks werent working. Heated the car up a little as i turned the engine on and then flicked the switch manually and both the drivers and passenger side switch opened.

Yesterday night after leaving work (9pm), i went to get in car, and they were froze again i assume, so had to get in through the boot and flick the switch on the door manually, which also opened the passenger.

However now when i use the keyfob, only the drivers side opens, the passenger side doesnt. Its still cold, but i dont know if thats the problem or not. Im confused as when im in the car when i flick the switch on the drivers side manually, the passenger side opens too, and obviously closes when i flick the switch again. :confused

But whats even more confusing is that if i leave the switches open, when i use the keyfob...both lock! :confused :confused :confused

Confused.com

Can someone help?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Remote central locking problem
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:44 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I have something similar to that on my gen 2, although not the fob and boot thing.

My passenger door dosent always open with the fob ( cnt use key as somebody tried to break in n damaged it )

Some reason i have to push my passanger door handle in from the outside, lock the doors and then unlock and it will open.

Not sure if thats the problem with urs but try giving it a shot, push your handles in then lock n unlock :thumbup

Hope its of some help

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:35 pm 

Hi, I think your problem maybe just down to the cold weather. If it's cold I sometimes have to use the key to unlock the doors on my gen1 after using the remote as the locks don't seem to click off on the remote alone. Not a problem, just a bit embarassing when you forget and go to open the door and it's still locked!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:05 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
your central locking actuator is nacked.could be either drivers or passenger side tbh but its usually the side that doesnt work thats had it.its a regular hyundai fault the most worrying one is the one that locked you out of car get them changed asap before they seize up.then you are in trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Will i be able to take it back to the place that installed the remote central locking?

How much does it cost approx, parts + labour?

Thanks

Ian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:10 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

no you've got no chance.its a regular hyundai problem.they can wear out in a few months! have a look on ebay-dont buy second hand cos they can be just as bad.you can get cheap on fleabay,and they are very easy to change yourself-just unbolt old one and unplug and swap! just a case of removing door panel.i have seen as cheap as 30 quid on ebay.just remember most come from korea-buy both sides and you wont have a worry cos they are sided.remember there drivers side is our passenger side etc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:28 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I did a quick search on ebay earlier but couldnt really see whatever it was i was looking for.

Dont suppose you can help me?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:38 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-01-Hy ... ccessories
from abroad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-Hyundai-Coup ... 3efac65bd4
uk source

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]