[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - DYNAMAT
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:26 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: DYNAMAT
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:34 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5
Has anyone used DYNAMAT for the whole of the boot??

If sooo, please please post a pic along with places in the boot which should be done. How much of a diff does it make? - as long as the vibrartions go, I'm happy-if it does increase sound quality - Im happy.(one roll is so little - how many rolls required?)

I know its an easy enough job - but I've read reviews and they all seem to be good - but I wana hear from someone who has actually done it - on a coupe.

Thanks,

Raj

Post subject: Re: DYNAMAT
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:39 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
no its not an easy job its a bitch.you cant really shape it to a coupe boot so you have to cut into strips,and do the best you can.......buy an old cheap pair of scissors cos it wrecks them.iv got it done with fazs left overs was enough to do my boot..........and i cant tell any difference lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:14 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

I haven't done the coupe yet, but I reckon 4-5 rolls should be enough to do the whole boot including the wheel well.
As Dupleman said, its a messy job (very sticky stuff). Make sure you have a sharp knife on hand too. Try get a small roller type thing to press it into all the grooves and contours of the boot floor.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:46 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

My gen 1 is practically made of it ;) and my V6 will soon be getting the sound deadening treatment, although probably rather than dynamat, I also use the extreme versions of the product, which is metal backed black goop.

You dont have to cover every panel to get the desired effect, if you knock on a panel and it resonates (sounds hollow) you can place a small amount of sound deadening on the panel and knock again, you will notice it sounding less hollow, of course if you do want the best results you can cover whole panels, but you will need a roller, and a heat gun to get it right, it only works if it has a good bond with the surface.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:12 am 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: SIII
i haven't done it in the siii yet but the boot of my meggy has it and it made such a difference!!! the bass was tighter, no vibrations, less noise from the back.......and you can hear other things other then the exhaust!!! haha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:24 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5
Sweet - I know what I'm doing over my xmas break then.lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:39 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
did the whole of my boot on the 2.0l aswell as the inside of the shell, sounds alot better and stops alot of rattles

* moved to Interior, Audio, Electrical*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Hey any one know the cheapest supplier of dynamat ? cheers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:12 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

it's generally a similar price wherever you go.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]