[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - 2.0Se Coupe key fob
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2.0Se Coupe key fob
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:33 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Hi all,
looking for some help regarding my sons 2003 Coupe 2.0SE. He's had it for all of 4 months and the key fob appears to have gone tits up! Won't unlock or lock when opened using the key manually. Needless to say, when opened using the key, the alarm goes ape sh*t, however the car will start and run but not much use withthe think blaring away and hazards operating!!

I've replaced the battery and tried turning the ignition key to the ACC position and holding down the lock button on the fob. No joy!

The LED between the buttons on the fob doesn't light up at any time but he assures me it never did even when the fob used to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I loose the plot and call the local Hyundai garage and pay through the nose!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Smudger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:02 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Hate to tell ya but something similar happened mine (and isnt that uncommon!). what happened mine is the remote would appear to lose its programming. changed the battery koads of times but the thing wouldnt work!used to get locked outta the car all the time and even if i opened the car i couldnt start it cos the immbolisier was still armed! dealer replaced the fob, reprogrammed the old one a load of times and eventually replaced my ECU. i dunno if u will need ot go this extreme but it hasnt happened since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:09 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Cheers Paul,
that sounds expensive! I'll have another go myself and maybe ask about. Might try and disarm the alarm for now. As i said, it still starts and runs therefore it would keep him on the road for the moment.

If all else fails, does anyone know how to disable the alarm temporarily?

Smudger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:15 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

no hassle. ur case might be different but just sounds similar to wat happened me!i just used to lock the car with the key (no as cool as getting the lights to flash :roll: but was better then breaking into ur own car with the alarm going off!) so as not to activate the alarm cos i wasnt guaranteed the fob would always dis arm it! best of luck with it anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:26 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

That's the problem with his Paul. The alarm is constantly armed and I can't get into the car without it going off at the moment. It's doing my head in! :bang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:43 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

and the alarm is so loud!handy when some1 else is breaking in but not when its the owner trying to get in! i guess u'll have to bring it to a main stealer and see wat they say!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:50 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I had one key fob that I think the button was on the way out. I took the thing apart and pressed the button directly on the PCB and it worked. Maybe you could try this to disarm the alarm once so you can still use the key?

As for resolution im afraid I dont have one as this started to happen I just swapped to my spare key.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:29 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

It's a rectangular shaped black fob with two buttons lying at an angle near the top of it. The LED lies between the buttons but doesn't light up therefore not sure what colour it's supposed to be.
I've spoken with the garage (not a dealer) where we bought it from and he apparently knows someone who can reprogram it (for a price). So if I can disable the alarm (I have a code for doing it) then I'll drive it to him (about 20 miles away) and get him to fix it hopefully. There's a 5 digit code for disarming the alarm. I'll also try splitting the fob and pushing the button directly on to the PCB.

I'll keep you posted on the results. Cheers for the help so far.

Smudger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:17 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

ah rite ok, well, when neither of mine worked i:

Had the car completly locked, then, hold both buttons down for at least 8secs, at which point teh green led came on solid, i know yours wont if u cant see it, so, imagine it has, then press the bigger of the two buttons once, then again (twice in total), keep an eye on the indicators and flashers to see if they flash, they should if your fob is already programmed to the vehicle, it needs reseting, well it did in my case. but its a worth a go before u go to the garage. or cheaper still, if your with RAC ring them

p.s its a scorpion alarm system, maaaaaaajor problems with this one, i had a few, mine doesnt sound at all, the lights go crazy (when i imaginary stole it), so got a new siren to put on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:23 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:16 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:24 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:02 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:04 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

happy days!!!! im glad i could help!!! its what happened with mine, obviously your sons fob was programed to the car originally but somehow lost its connection. mine done this a few times if i dropped they kep, and it turned out the metal piece that holds the battery in place3 and makes a connection was loose. So if this ever happens to him again this procedure will work.

Well im a long way away from Edinburgh so ill settle for your son being able to drive his car and be happy!

Thats whats great about this site, any help you need always ask, ive asked loads, and some serious stupid questions lol

all the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:04 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Rob,
happy days indeed! My son Gary sends his thanks. I'll get him to sign in and keep in touch with all that goes on within the site.

I have used similar sites for both my own car and especially my bike.

Once again, many thanks to yourself and the rest of the guys who got in touch.

It's really appreciated.

Cheers,

Smudger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:05 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]