[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Gen 3 Driver door actuator knacked - Locked out!!
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:54 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gen 3 Driver door actuator knacked - Locked out!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:44 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Hi guys.

My driver side door wouldnt open a few days back. So i took it to my local "robbing" hyundai dealership.

They informed me that door actuator is broken and i would need a replacement.

This is fine until they told me that because they couldnt open the door they would need to smash my door card which would cost £350 and the actuator £240 + labour = £780!!!

Is there away i can unlock the door, like through the window with a hook or something sketchy like that?

also anyone know where i can pick up a cheaper actuator, £240 seems a bit steep.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Gen 3 Driver door actuator knacked - Locked out!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:50 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen3
You can get a brand new hyundai actuator off ebay for under £30. First problem solved. (i would post a direct link but you haven't said what gen coupe you have, though at a guess ill bet its a 2003+)

As for getting the door unlocked, you "should" be able to call out a locksmith to pull the lock up from the inside. Cant remember if this is actually possible from the last time i looked inside the door. So don't do that just yet without further posts here.

You can get second hand door cards off ebay, there are a couple of people parting out their cars in the for sale section on this site so im sure you can get one for 30-40.

Once you get the actuator, very easy to fit, no more than half hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:03 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

gez, that was a fast reply!

Thanks for your help with this. You just saved me about £700

Strippers, here i come. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 pm 

No worries, just noticed the title said gen 3 so ill post the actuator link anyhoo :)

[ebay]250420165425[/ebay]

Oh and you could probably do the whole job yourself, cut off the doorcard (if you have to) then you can just simply unlock the door yourself from within the door. replace actuator and put on new doorcard.

If you unscrew the doorhandle and door opener on the inside you should be able to use something like garden sheers to cut through the card, if you cut as far right and down as you can you will have more room to stick your hand in to open the door (there is a big round opening in the metalwork where the actuator is, handily), then just remove the rest of the doorcard properly.

EDIT: as a tip, get both left and right as the actuators are a very common failure, if one is gone then the other is sure to follow very very soon. So best to do both while you still can :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:31 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

The description says 03-08. Will that be okay for a 52 plate?

Again thanks for the help.

climbing over the passenger chair is becoming annoying.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:47 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:48 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:07 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

ha ha very strange i clicked the link and it took me to my ebay ,ive just bought one myself waiting for delivery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:34 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:04 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
dont bother! anything less than 800 quid is to be avoided.the kits are cheap and crap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:14 pm 

Yup, the ark kit seems the way to go for the coupe.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]