[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Immobiliser zapper/key battery
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Immobiliser zapper/key battery
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:36 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:35 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Hi, can I ask if you have a Gen 3/3.5 1.6 S with the black oval style key fob (big grey button one small black button)?

If you have this model I may be able to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:54 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

I've got a gen3 1.6. The zapper has a big grey button and small black one and has Robert Bosch on the back. Does this help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:56 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

I've got a gen 3 1.6. Its got buttons exactly as you described and has Robert Bosch on the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:34 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Ok, dont know if the problem I had will be the same as you have, but ill post what I found out when I had problems with my keyfob.

Its quite a lengthy post, but read through it all, and see if you can make any sense of it.

If you have any questions that I havent answered or need any more advice, either pm me or just reply to the post, and ill try to check for replies later tonight and again tomorrow.

Regards, Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:39 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

I recently had a similar problem with my key fobs on my gen 3 1.6 s, and forked out £32 to my local Hyundai garage to get the fobs resynced only have the problem get worse, so after messing around with the fobs, I not only fixed my problem, but found a major floor with the fobs.

The 1.6 S has a CAT 2 alarm system that works completely different from the CAT 1 scorpion/meta systems on 2.0 and 2.7 models.

The problem with my key fob was the solder joints between the circuit board and battery holder. Due to the key fob circuit board being extremely thin, it tends to flex slightly when the buttons are pressed on the fob during use, and if you’re like me, when the fob wouldn’t work, id squeeze the button harder. This causes damage to the solder joints on the battery holder and causes the fob to stop working intermittently, or die all together.

Its worth mentioning that Hyundai will charge you over £100 for a new fob and to resync it to your car.

Don’t know if this will help fix your problem, but id try the battery first. If your fob is the black oval shaped branded model it takes a CR02032 battery which you can buy from most DIY shops for a few quid.

It’s worth making sure that your other key fob is working with your car before you start messing around with the other fob.

Open the key fob up carefully using a small screw driver in the indent along the seal of the fob.

Once you’ve got it open you should find that the internal circuit board will fall out of the plastic enclosure.

The battery will be held securely in a black plastic battery holder on the circuit board.

I must stress that you use extreme caution when removing the battery, because firstly, it’s held firmly in place, and secondly, I ripped both the battery and holder clean off the circuit board when I tried to remove my battery, but that may have been because the solder joints were broken/weak on my key fob and the main cause of my fault. Luckily I work in the field of electronics and have my own soldering iron, so I just resoldered the battery holder back onto the circuit board.

If the solder joints do look weak or damaged, it may be worth touching them up from the underside of the circuit board. I haven’t got access to my camera at the moment because I’m on holiday, otherwise id take some pictures of the key fob circuit board and where to resolder the joints, but its pretty clear where the joints are. Ill post some pictures when I get back in the new year.
You could have a go a resoldering the joints yourself, or ask some one with the tools and experience.

Once you’ve managed to get the battery out and replaced it with a new one, done a bit resoldering if needed. Put the fob back together, you should find that the small red led on the key fob will flash when you press the buttons, but will not communicate with the car.

Climb in your car, put your key in the ignition and turn it to the first notch, then press and hold both buttons on the key fob till both the red led on the fob flashes and the green indicators flash on your instrument dial. This may take a few attempts before you get it right, after that, your fob should be fine, unless there are further problems.

If you’ve got problems with your keys, you may need to get them resynced to your car.

Hope this helps.
PM me if you need any further help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:02 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:28 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:09 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]