[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Gen 1 Disco clock ideas
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:46 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gen 1 Disco clock ideas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:34 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:38 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I'm sure a while ago someone posted a thread on here about constructing a chrome plate that would fit in the recess where the clock sits as an alternative to that bloody annoying strobe light.

My clock seems to have good and bad days, does nor flash so much it just goes through spells of constanly staying on or off :bang

Will do a search and see if I can find that post :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:21 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Ove noticed a patten, mine has a really bad time when im pumping the tunes out (as well as everything else). Ive recently ripped my dash out and the clock looks like it comes out easy enough. In reguards to replacing it with something else......... I am pretty short of ideas except removing it and sticking something black the the backside of the dash where it used to sh*t (so it doesnt have to be cut to fit). But if your not prepared to rip the dash out then Your kinda screwed.

Dash rip out is not to hard when you know how to do it.

1. remove all screws (one hidden behind the dimmer)
2. Disconnect the heater tempreature wire to the left of the footwell (clips off)
3. You only need to disconnect the plugs around the cruise control to be able to pull it out far enough to see what your doing.

Everything else is self explanity really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:00 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

I'm having the same dilemma!

Can't really think of anything to do other than blanking off the space and maybe putting a switch there although I had one idea but maybe someone with a bit more knowledge could tell me it's ridiculous (I wont be offended)...

The analouge clocks for the Mk3 Mondeo look the same shape and if you look on ebay they do a snazzy blue version...

The only problem I can see is the ford badge on the clock which I'm guessing could maybe rectified with a day on the pc or a very small Coupe sticker to cover it.

Not sure if this would have wiring implications... but surely it's only a clock... A live, permenant live (to keep the time stored) and that should be pretty much it...

Obviously there might be some modification to the dash required but have a look at them and see what you think, presonally if we can do it I think it would look fantastic! Let me know what you guys think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Thanks for the replies all, I guess ripping the dash out could be the way to go. Liking the idea of a mondeo clock, as I think that analogue looks better than digital anyway. Does anyone have access to a mondeo to see if the size is similar, or at least close enough to make mounting a fairly painless job?

It's a shame there isn't some kind of chrome panel that would just slot over the clock and fit into the gap around the edges. Even with the number of people on here with the same problem I doubt it would be viable to look into getting some made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:50 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

I'll bite the bullet and buy a Mondeo clock and give it a go when I get some free time... fingers crossed! :D

Post subject: Re: disco clock
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:42 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Im having the same problem in my F2 Evo, but seems a shame to loose the original look of the car, does anybody know if its the clock unit that is the problem, the connectors, or the wiring. As if I spens quite a bit of time fixing this problem, I dont want it to reoccur.

Are there aftermarket digi clocks that would fit, might be easier than the mondeo idea, but if it work post up and idiots guide, as Im not happy about taking half the interior out of my car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:35 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]