[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Starter Button
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 
 Post subject: Starter Button
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:16 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Hi there,
i have just aquired a starter button for my gen 1 and was just wondering if anyone else had installed one and if you could give me any tips? Eg. getting to the ignition barrel?

Thanks

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:54 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Coupe: Other
I think Wez has installed one.

You will need to remove the plastic cowling from the steering column, to do this you will need to take off the dash surround.

I think there are pics of how to do this on HMA Webtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:10 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

this sounds kool would love to know how it goes :D are you adding remote start as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:33 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

If you meant me Phil, I'm not?

MJ has a copy of webtech on his site, have a look here -

First remove all this stuff

http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/coupe/servic ... 235#_12235

then this lot

http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/coupe/servic ... 231#_12231

the bit you are interested in is 'steering column shroud'

It looks mad, but it doesn't take long to remove it all, I could do it all in about 10-15 mins, but then again my dash was off more than most peoples!

All you need is a fat posidrive screw driver and a small flat one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:42 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

ive managed to get all the dash to pieces, but her lies the major prob!!!Which wires do i need to cut and put in the stater button??? :confused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:47 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Go on , just do it like they do on the bomb disposal films...gasp.. puff..snip....what no indicators?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:52 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

could do?!?!?!?!?!?!Whats the worst that could happen!!!!!!!!!! :aargh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:12 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

'Roger - Grab that cat!' - Name the film :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:19 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Borrow/buy a meter and test to see which wire goes live when you turn the ignition on, splice this and place the starter button in between.

Of course I could be completely wrong :)

Rich, I assume thats not from "Who killed Roger Rabbit?"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:22 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

been trying to figue it out for about 30min and i aint got the minerals to be snipping any random wire!anyone know wherer i can get a labled diagram of the wires???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:28 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:48 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:53 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:58 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:00 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:26 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:30 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:32 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:23 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:49 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Hi All, sorry for my late reply, apologies for not being on for several months too! Lots of reasons, includng a crash and bump!

Anyway, its really easy to do this. I bought a Honda start button from ebay for £50, think its the one from the SG2000. It is the button/barrel, a relay and some wire.
2 wires for the coil of the relay, i tapped into the live to the cigarrette lighter, and the other to ground. I got the wiring diagram from webtech but the colours where wrong so i just used a meter, but if you have not got one dont worry, i will have a look tomorrow to see what wires i tapped into. remember if you dont keep the original wires connected the key wont start your car anymore, only the button, i kept them connected to kep both options.
All you need to remove is the gearstick gaiter, stereo surround and possibly the panle underneath the steering wheel.
Hardest bit really is lying upside down soldering and finding a place to mount the button, with any luck a pic of mine will be shown below. Any more help please ask. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:44 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Hi Rackie, i got mine from a mate who has taken it out his focus! Its a Rickbrook button and i think he got it off good old ebay! Ill post some pics when i get it sorted. Might be next week now tho. Wez any idea which wires you cliped :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:45 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

BTW hope the car aint to bad!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:37 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:21 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Thats a sticker set, I can't remember who makes it? It comes with other pieces as well, including one that goes around the light dimmer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:07 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Right ive had a look at what wires i tapped into, there is a thick white with yellow stripe wire, and a black with thin yellow stripe. These are the 2 wires i used, the white one is the live to the barrel.

Exactly as Zoe said, the kit is a stick on set, its really good if you put it on right. The vents are sprayed, i was going to get the dash sprayed too in blue but im trying to pay me debts off instead.

The crash wasnt too bad thanks but i totalled the front bumper, it took a week to rebuild the fibreglass. I was going home from nightshift at 4 in the morning and was going round a roundabout, the back end just went, possibly on diesel, i span it 3 times before hitting the curb twice then flying across some grass and into bushes, to be honest i got away with allot. So when i got the bumper done i got the badge removed from the bonnet.

Then on wednesday an elderly woman reversed into me in a supermarket carpark, and she says its my fault cos i was stationery?????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:57 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:51 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:38 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:51 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

mycoolcoupe - Is that the K&N Apollo induction kit you got fitted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:28 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Glad you have got it working, so the wires where the same as mine then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:48 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

yes its a k&N apollo and its great.puts out a great noise even with a powerflow cat back installed!Plus it brightens up the engine bay.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c329/myco ... 0_1676.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/c329/myco ... t=rear.jpg

Yes they were the same as yours but is a bit of a pain being upside down in the foot well!Like you said its quite an easy job once you find the right wires. Cheers for the help Wez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:03 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:13 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Did you notice much improvements with the performance once the Apollo was fitted mycoolcoupe and was it straight forward to fit?

I was all set on purchasing the Injen CAI, however I have to order this from the US which is not too much of a problem.

Since seeing the Apollo fitted in your Gen1 I am now taking a keen interest in this as it really sets the engine bay off and yours is the first Coupe I know of who has one of these fitted!
At least I can purchase one of these locally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:32 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Yup there was a noticable difference in power and the hardest bit of fitting it is finding a place to put the cold air feed!!! I had to do abit of modding to the rubber pipe that the filter joins to so it didnt rub against the battery and also to get the MAS senser into it. Plus like you said you can pick them up locally. I got mine from Ebay but i think Matt does them at Performancecoupe.co.uk.

To be honest matte i really like it. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:21 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Hi there
Thanks for all the help with this topic would of taken me months to try and do it on my own!

Just thought id post a few links to show you what the finished product looks like.

Before
http://photobucket.com/albums/c329/myco ... 0_1680.jpg

During
http://photobucket.com/albums/c329/myco ... AG0030.jpg

After
http://photobucket.com/albums/c329/myco ... ure007.jpg

thanks again and what do poeple think :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:13 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Very neat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:09 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Looks good mate, the CF really sets it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:06 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]