[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - someone feels like failing of your brake when you hit a bump
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:54 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: someone feels like failing of your brake when you hit a bump
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:19 pm 

Coupe: gen1
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone have any experience of their ABS or your brakes someone feels like failing when you hit a bump while driving in the streets then suddenly pressing the brakes it makes a clanging noise and I have to let go of the brakes and press it again for me to fully stop.

Post subject: Re: someone feels like failing of your brake when you hit a bump
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:29 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

That doesn't sound right at all and you would be well advised getting it checked out, our '1 never did that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:30 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Coupe: gen3
Get the pads checked, That seems odd.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:31 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

>>edit: beat me to it, Rik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:33 pm 

Was gonna make a joke about fastest fingers - wouldn't want to fall foul of the Decency Act 2010 peragraph 8 section 2(a) though :scared :lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:36 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

I've only got one working hand, remember :lol :lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:10 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:20 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:29 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:25 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:58 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:27 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

a definate "clanging" isnt right at all. Could be the brake shim has fallen out or somthing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:45 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

i think this has happened to me a few times, where the brakes started juddering when u press the pedal. Always happens to me in the one spot, at the end of a hill thats always damp, and covered with leaves. If i press the pedal harder or take my foot off for a second and go again its fine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:58 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Get it checked anyway, just to be on the safe side. Not worth taking chances with brakes.

If theres a fault, get it sorted. If not, at least it'll put your mind at ease.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:21 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Thats the same with my coupe.

if im braking while going over a pot hole or something, the abs kicked in and i need to take my foot off the brake then put bk on to get it away. Feels like something is wrong with the brakes and something is fighting you, and the noise is horrid.

well i think its the abs anyway, thats what iv been told. VERY annoying though i must say and worse in the snow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:06 am 

It WILL be worse in the snow - it's slippery, and the ABS is working overtime to prevent the wheels locking. I've taken the ABS fuse out before when theres snow and ice about. That can improve the stopping distance a little but is no substitute for alertness and correct use of the gears.

You do this at your own risk though, it's not a recommendation from me - I learned to drive when ABS/TCS/ESP/EBD and all the other antimuppet safeties were only commonly found on executive spec motors.

;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]