The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dronning noise and feel ? ? ?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:53 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I have a gen 2, 2001 2.0.

recently iv noticed this unbearable sound that can only be described by comparing it to a train. Picture what a train sounds like when it brakes... OR a lorry braking. OR a rusty bicycle braking. that dronning noise that it makes/ a wet bicycle.

i know this description is sketchy but its hard to explain a noise :lol

so anyway. this noise dosent always happen, and has no pattern to it expect most of the time its when i turn the wheel to the right. the car needs to be moving ( wheels spinning ) and still makes the noise when rolling with the engine off so its not the engine. This noise however does go away when i tap my brake, but soon as i release the brake will start back. When it happens i feel vibrations through the floor and through the steering wheel.

Any ideas people. all would be most appreciated :shrug

Post subject: Re: Dronning noise and feel ? ? ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:06 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel bearing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:05 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3
Like I said to you on the phone - wheel bearing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:13 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

:thumbdown not good news lol..... but wud a wheel bearing always make the noise? because this noise has gone all of today with out making the noise untill an hour ago

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]