[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Hit A large Pothole with Bad Outcome.
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 9:02 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hit A large Pothole with Bad Outcome.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:13 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Buckled a wheel and not happy. gotta love how the local council's look after our roads.

thing is to buy a new wheel is fine but due to problems i've had with the finish on these wheels a new wheel would really stand out compared to the rest.

what should i do ?

back on standard wheels or look for a new set of 18's.

if i go back on standard wheels i need 4 new tyres which is gonna cost me around £400 for the set if i go with a decent tyre or do i look to get in even more debt again and look to spend £1000 + on 18's again.

i'm gutted as i love the look i have going on with the car at the mo and there just arn't any wheels out there that grab my attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:08 am 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

oh man!!! and heres me moaning about buying a pump!!!

Dunno what to do about your wheels mate!! Hope ya get something sorted!! Have ya tried ebay for 18"s!!!

Good luck and try the council about it too!!! Worth a try anyway!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:55 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:17 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

cheers guys,

i'm really stumped as what route to take, i'm gonna contact the council as mentioned to see if i can get anything out of them but who knows, could be waiting months if i do get a result from them.

thanks for the link paul, i had a look but the guy hasn't posted up any pics as yet which really would help ti see if people are interested for the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:42 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Have a ring around to see if there's anyone out there that can repair your wheel. There are 2 places around my way that can (depending on the damage of course) repair buckled wheels and straighten out flat spots caused by pot holes.

Whatever you do take a pic of the pot hole and send a claim to the council.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:03 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

There is a very good place in tonbridge wells called spit n polish, they may be able to repair your wheel.

Here are their contact details.

Spit & Polish
12b, Sovereign Way, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1RS
Tel: 01732 367771

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:52 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

cheers steve, but the wheel has got worse, well nothing has changed as such but a further inspection today has revealed the wheel is not buckled in one place, it's buckled in two places, where the wheel hit it has egged the wheel completely.

new wheels i think is the only option here, i might try and see how much just a set of 4 new wheels will be and use the tyres i have already as these are all still good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:00 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Sorry to hear about your wheels mate. I would definately get onto the council about it as its their fault that the roads are crap.
If they wheels are repairable I guess you have to bite the bullet and get new wheels. Have you got any in mind? I suppose you could always get another set of the same ones.
I know this might sound like a stupid newbie question, but I cannot tell from your picture if the wheel is buckled or not.
Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:15 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

If you need new wheels and are concerned about the different finish why not just buy 2 and fit them on one side no one will ever notice as they are on opposite sides and nothing to campare them with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:20 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Coupe: gen3
Hi mate, sorry to hear about your wheel.

What you need to do is go back to the pot hole that caused the damage and take several pictures of it. You should also measure the size and depth of the pot hole as the council will need all this info if you put in a claim. Also, its vital you get this info before you speak to them as they are likely to just fill the pot hole and deny all knoweledge. You should eventually get compensation but they will only pay for the price of 1 wheel and tyre (if damaged).

Hope this helps

Regards

Ninos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:52 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I have seen the state of this wheel myself today and the point at which the impact has occurred has literaly "flattened" the rim of the alloy out.

The picture Tomo has provided does not show the full extent of the damage. I think it may be repairable but until the tyre is removed you don't really know how much damage is there.

They are such a nice set of alloys as well, hope the replacements you get are just as good tomo :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:50 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:06 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

well here is the damage with the wheel off the car :

sent a letter to the council only asking for the wheel to be replaced but think i'm gonna write again seeking money for all 4 as can't get what i had anymore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:12 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Good luckk mate let us know what the outcome is

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]